Ok then, here I sit

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
I dying to get the new rims on .. never got the tires I really wanted but got some good ones anyways ... but I'm told i need special or different lug nuts ?? now, I'm confused .. never ever paid for lug nuts and can't believe the prices .. the pics shows what I have and the rims I want to put on.. and the rims I'll have for sale .. can anyone tell me what lug nuts I need and what I should expect for these rims .......... Thanks all in advance.
the new rims
upload_2016-1-14_12-27-23.jpeg

my lugs .. left is 3/4 bulge 4/20 and right is 13/16 no bulge 4/20

upload_2016-1-14_12-29-41.jpeg

and for sale when I have the proper lugs
upload_2016-1-14_12-31-14.jpeg

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
ok sorry ...... they're all 1/2-20 ... left is bulge 3/4, right is 13/16 without .. I also have straight with washers .. but I know they are wrong.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Either lug nut should be fine. The wheels are taper seat and I'd go with the bulge ones. Provided the recess in the wheel is large enough the bulge doesn't interfere, they give a little extra contact area for an alloy wheel.
Not sure how to word it,,,,the bulge nut is like putting a washer on a bolt to spread the load.
Plus, the 3/4" will work with a stock lug wrench if that's a concern.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Either lug nut should be fine. The wheels are taper seat and I'd go with the bulge ones. Provided the recess in the wheel is large enough the bulge doesn't interfere, they give a little extra contact area for an alloy wheel.
Not sure how to word it,,,,the bulge nut is like putting a washer on a bolt to spread the load.
Plus, the 3/4" will work with a stock lug wrench if that's a concern.
Ok .. then .. the bulge one needs to be ordered .. either or, they don't seem to interfere but the bulge one does seem to fit and look better ... the one without the bulge seems to fit right into the hole .. almost through/? .. thanks for the input ......... geesh!! never thought lug nuts were so complicated ..

Back