Old Yellow cold start

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Poor OY and it's garage mate, my '50 Pontiac, got kicked out of the garage in late October because I needed the storage temporarily. Both have been sitting since then, not started and largely ignored, as I have had so much else going on. I know the Pontiac won't start with it's six volt system, so I didn't even try it. But, I thought I would see if OY would start. It's only 19 degrees as you can see on the beginning of the video showing the temperature on my Mazda dash, but the wind chill is even lower. I wasn't sure if OY would even turn over, but...
IMG_20180107_160619160.jpg

Well, I had wanted to attach two short videos that I took of trying to start OY, but I am informed that the videos need to be posted to another site, like YouTube, or Facebook, and then uploaded from there to this site. SO, until I have the time or inclination to do all that... Anyway, OY started up on the forth try and just purred. Such a great old wagon! I left it run for awhile to wake it up, and I would love to have driven it, but no way on the salt encrusted roads right now. So, it went back to sleep until spring. Hopefully I can free up my garage soon and at least put it and the Pontiac back under cover.

Last edited:

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I finally got enough stuff cleared out of the garage to get OY back under cover. It's squeezed in, but dry and protected. The Pontiac isn't as lucky yet, but I am working on it. My little Cub got kicked out too. I have been breaking up a relatives home and everything wound up coming to my place until I can sort it out and get rid of it. Ugh, what a job! I also finally finished the flip house and so all my tools and supplies came back to my place also. I was really fortunate in selling it. It sold only two weeks after listing! But now, there isn't a spare square inch of room at my place!
IMG_20180121_163019486_HDR.jpg

Back