Ontario.... Making Your Life Hell Yet Again

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Down here you have to pass emissions for the first 25 years of life. After that all they make you do is pass a safety inspection.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Down here you have to pass emissions for the first 25 years of life. After that all they make you do is pass a safety inspection.

If you transfer ownership up here that's what they do too. But the revamp on what a safety is will now make it absolute hell to do it.

Mr C

Reaction score
Makes me wonder where I'm going to retire...This needs to be repealed.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Makes me wonder where I'm going to retire...This needs to be repealed.

The problem is once the criminals make it a law it's almost impossible to reverse it.

Me? I'm retiring up north where even though it's Ontario they're a lot less anal about things.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I'm checking in Washington State or Colorado for summers in retirement.
Seems those awesome M deals turn up there too.

I get a little worried about the feral underwear monkeys packing heat or just roaming in a pack.
Hence CCW.
But I can laugh at black/brown bears and the polar bears don't bother me either.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Wisconsin only has emission testing for cars up to 20 years old and then that's only in the SE corner of the state (Milwaukee/Racine area). No safety inspections whatsoever. Honestly, not sure if that's a good thing or not judging by some of the vehicles come in down at work...........................All we can do is let the customer know what's wrong, how rotted the structure is, how bad the fluid leaks are, ow many warning lights are on, etc and go from there. Up to them if they fix anything or not. We do strongly encourage certain ones to just "let it go", usually due to major rust issues.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Wisconsin only has emission testing for cars up to 20 years old and then that's only in the SE corner of the state (Milwaukee/Racine area). No safety inspections whatsoever. Honestly, not sure if that's a good thing or not judging by some of the vehicles come in down at work...........................All we can do is let the customer know what's wrong, how rotted the structure is, how bad the fluid leaks are, ow many warning lights are on, etc and go from there. Up to them if they fix anything or not. We do strongly encourage certain ones to just "let it go", usually due to major rust issues.

When it comes to the "green" thing I think they're trying to model us after California up here. Well in Ontario anyway.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
When it comes to the "green" thing I think they're trying to model us after California up here. Well in Ontario anyway.
I'll challenge any Liberal MP to a carbon footprint challenge or most people in general and I'm not a full blown 'green' environmentalist.
I'm not a brain dead 'keep up with the Jones' guy.
People who have stand in line for days for the new 'sail foam'
--- Post updated ---
Used to be Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Reduce now means 'buy more'.
Reuse might apply to some hipsters, but even welfare bums wouldn't use a nice CRT because it has to be a flat screen.
My cars are 'reused'
Recycle means 'Throw it out the car window'

Back