other websites

furyfrank

Reaction score
I went over to moparts to list my cordoba for sale and decided not to because of the way they list cars for sale. They have A,B,E ,large mopars and other. My cordoba would be listed on other so I said no way. Why don't they get up to date and ad C and FMJ bodies.:icon_sad:

furyfrank

Reaction score
After my ad got deleted I got a PM saying it belonged in the B body forum ???????. I guess they do not know what a cordoba is, also a R body should be under full size. I was going to PM them and tell them to get their act together, my car is not a other, and not combined with AMC. DAHHH

furyfrank

Reaction score
Um, your '79 Cordoba is a B-body.

I now realize that technically it is a B body but to everybody it is a J body I have come to this website and listed it and had no complaints, if you ask most people they would not consider it a B body, my point is whatabout the guys that have F and M ( which I have one ) being called other/amc, they are mopars and I am tired of the A,B and E body guys thinking they are holier than thou. If I want to list it under full size what is the big deal

ramenth

Reaction score
I now realize that technically it is a B body but to everybody it is a J body

Who's everybody?

furyfrank said:
I have come to this website and listed it and had no complaints,

You won't hear any from me, either. Hell, come on over the FEBO. I'll personally make sure your post is approved if you want to list it over there. Some of the folks over there might be interested in having a cool car like yours.

furyfrank said:
you ask most people they would not consider it a B body

Those people would be wrong.

But then again those might be the same people who are so blinded by the idea that only the "true" B's were built between '68 and '74. They're still wrong. Chrysler called it the B-body, it's a B-body. (But then again, they might be the same people who still b**** about the Charger being a four door, even though it's been in production, as a four door, for as long as the first three body styles combined.)

furyfrank said:
my point is whatabout the guys that have F and M ( which I have one ) being called other/amc,

I'll agree with you there. I want to take my M-body out to Mopars in the Park when it's done. My in-laws live just seven miles from there. Seen the entry form for the show field? We're listed under "other." Get's a little irritating. And this is a national show, mind you. Organized by Mopar guys.

furyfrank said:
they are mopars and I am tired of the A,B and E body guys thinking they are holier than thou.

Got to be an F/M/J owner when you think the A-body guys are "holier than thou." :thumbsup:

Actually, when it comes to our F/M/J's a lot of the A-body guys do act that...

But as a guy who owns or is restoring pretty much the whole alphabet I'm a Mopar guy. It's all good.

furyfrank said:
If I want to list it under full size what is the big deal

I'll agree with you on that 100%

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I went to a Chrysler show up here in Mississauga.
"Spring Fling"
$20 to register your car so you can win a cheezy trophy.
I figured why not....
Looked on the sheet...
They actually had F's. No M's.
Mine was "Other"
If you win, what do they put on your trophy?
"Other"? :tard:
Needless to say... I didn't bother.

furyfrank

Reaction score
Actually I have owned A,B,C, F, M and C bodies but I don't rate one over the other and they are all mopars. Thw thing that really irritates me is when I see a beautiful C body have it engine ripped out for a A,B or E body, to me that is not a mopar guy, even through he says he is one.

res1vw21

Reaction score
I do love my oddball collection of mopars. I was at a show once and some Furry guys tried to tell me my '68 Newport wasn't a C body.

I have noticed though they finally have an F body spot at most mopar shows, only problem is it's all F bodys and then they have categories for stock and modified neon/pt cruiser............. Really?

On the F body spot my '78 Super Coupe clone will be with a 4dr daily driver if someone enters one?

I agree it seems even the A body (and to some extent the F body) guys hate on the M and J's.....

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Actually I have owned A,B,C, F, M and C bodies but I don't rate one over the other and they are all mopars. Thw thing that really irritates me is when I see a beautiful C body have it engine ripped out for a A,B or E body, to me that is not a mopar guy, even through he says he is one.

Correct.
That's not a Mopar guy.
That's a poser.
Look at my "Road Runner", "Cuda", "Super Bee", etc...
Then he turns around and looks at your M like it's a piece of crap.

That's NOT a Mopar guy.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I agree it seems even the A body (and to some extent the F body) guys hate on the M and J's.....

Never really had any problems with F guys myself
But I've seen A's and B's giving the my car is so cool crap at shows.
I just laugh though.
You gotta figure some of these guys dropped craploads of dough on a rotten shell
Then craploads to get it resto'd
Then craploads in "the perfect date correct hemi"
Then craploads on Cragars and tire shine.
Bummer.
Then I pull up in my (insert sarcastic tone here)
Caravelle with the laughable slant six... 110 horsepower pfffff...

The funny part is my car was $400 I've got about $5000 into it restoring along the way
That's it.
And you know what? My car rocks.
There's been more than a few times I've had more people checking out my Super Six than buddy's pristine hemi (Oh look... another hemi.)

I bought my 5th ave. for $600 and I bring her to shows.
And the crowds seem to really go for "those great old Fifth Ave's.

No wonder these guys are pissed. :D

MagnumMaster

Reaction score
I will say, I followed your post. On Moparts, if it's not between 62 and 74, might as well just sit quietly and take it. Don't ask me how I know, having a later b body is not for the faint of heart. And now I also have a "J" too. :icon_eyes:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I only made it through the first page.
It's like they've just discovered that an old F
M-M-M-might...be sorta kinda maybe but not really just don't tell anyone I bought it cool.

Now I totally understand why you guys started THIS forum.
Yeeesh!

ramenth

Reaction score
I only made it through the first page.
It's like they've just discovered that an old F
M-M-M-might...be sorta kinda maybe but not really just don't tell anyone I bought it cool.

Now I totally understand why you guys started THIS forum.
Yeeesh!

Yeah, for a lot of guys out there the F/M/J's are cool, just in a kiss your cousin kinda cool. (Shhh, it was great! Just don't tell anyone!)

The idea is to get a car with a lot of looks. And they think it's about "this kinda cool" or that "kinda cool."

Hell, I remember sitting at the head of traffic in our '54 Ford more door when the motorcycle Pride Ride was coming through town. Tons of custom bikes, tons of nice cruisers, tons of fast crotch rockets. People were on the street as they were cruising past. Then someone saw my sitting there in the '54 and all eyes turned away from the bikes and people started looking at the car.

This is what the car looks like:

321.jpg

Floored me because it's nothing special. But I guess, since you don't see 'em everyday of the week, it gets attention.

People crack me up when they see it, too, as it sits there at the shop. The first thing out of their mouths is, "you mean it runs?" Like a champ. Pat the throttle, pull the choke, hit the key, and listen to her purr all day long. Holding 60# of oil pressure.

But there is the disparity. This is what my E-body looks like, right now:

008.jpg

The '54 is in a lot better shape, just needing some odds and ends to go back to daily driver status. But the first thing I get with the Barracuda is, "cool, what are you gonna do with it?"

321.jpg

008.jpg

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
to me, it doesn't matter what yr or letter body style you own,I've owned A bodies,c-bodies,have 4 b-bodies,2 f-bodies,2 trucks,and have evened owned a 76 dodge colt.Have enjoyed every one of them.If i see a car that appeals to me,no matter what style i will try and get it.I am also a member on the b-body forum and don't downgrade anybody for what car they like or own.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
to me, it doesn't matter what yr or letter body style you own,I've owned A bodies,c-bodies,have 4 b-bodies,2 f-bodies,2 trucks,and have evened owned a 76 dodge colt.Have enjoyed every one of them.If i see a car that appeals to me,no matter what style i will try and get it.I am also a member on the b-body forum and don't downgrade anybody for what car they like or own.

Then YOU Sir,
Are a true Mopar guy. :icon_thumright:

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
I LIKE ALL MOPARS.....EVEN CARS DODGE OIMPORTS TO THE US. THE FIAT 500 IS PRETTY SWEET IN ABRINTH OPTION. AND EVEN KNOW HISTORY OF OUR DODGES AMC,JEEP,DESOTO,ECT. gotta love evreything mopar and if u drive a mopar and call ur self a mopar guy ur mopar cant have a chebbie sb

Back