Out for a cruise with the Chief

General Non Automotive Discussions

1. old yellow 78

old yellow 78 Well-Known Member

Took my old '50 Pontiac Silver Streak Chieftain Deluxe out for a cruise. Runs and drives much better than it looks. The ancient Hydromatic four speed shifts beautifully. It's slow, but smooth - like cruising around on a sofa. This is OY's garage-mate. Just under 41K original miles, and I'm the second owner.

IMG_20190622_111011179.jpg

2. old yellow 78

22.jpg

3. Darth-Car

Darth-Car Well-Known Member

Far more reliable than a 2000 Pontiac. :) I especially like the optional windshield sun-visor. That car will look wonderful with all of the chrome polished up. On the sales brochure that car just looks like it is going fast.

old yellow 78 likes this.
  4. old yellow 78

Thanks Darth-Car. That is actually the cover for the owners manual. I've owned the Chief since 1980 I think. It's cool, but needs paint badly. I have been casually trying to sell it for a while, but I think this summer is when I am going to get more serious about it. I much prefer to drive and work on OY than the Chief, and I want to "downsize" my stuff in general. I also have a red '67 VW beetle that my father bought new. That has been sitting in my friends barn for years now, and one of these days (years) I'm going to either sell it, or do something with it. It looks just like this one (internet pic) except a lot dirtier and rustier. It did run when it was parked (as the saying goes!) :rolleyes:

58171921-770-0@2X.jpg

5. Darth-Car

Darth-Car Well-Known Member

Sell that little buggy thing, and get some extra cash for OY. He will thank you for your financial support. :)