parts wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

1977rat trap

Reaction score
Contact seller
need a fuel tank sending unit and filler tube for a late 76 production date 77 aspen rt and tail light bezels head light bezels retaining rings and would like 2 find a 78 style grille...thanks

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
besides these(head light bezels retaining rings) the rest is a tall order if your looking for nos or mint but now and then there are some to be had
the grill will run you $400 easily for just a fair condition one as there a super rare grill and the 76/77 tail light bezels(nos or mint) never come up much and if they do they will cost you your other leg ,they usually have broken tabs at the back and or pitted
but not to discourage they are around and can be bought just dont be surprised at the sticker price is all , here is a sending unit again sticker price ouch!http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-MoPar-1...UGE-/330506894841?hash=item4cf3befdf9&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

greymouser7

Reaction score
78-79 grille is tall order

I have an imperfect one but these sell frequently at over $350

I have the tailight bezels (PM me your phone number so that I can take pictures for you)

I have the fuel tank set up, I tried to give the fuel tank sending unit to Mopar_gods at cost, but he has not responded back in a few months (he had a close relative pass on) and am not sure if I won't have to end up using it -bug me about it

greymouser7

Reaction score
besides these(head light bezels retaining rings) the rest is a tall order if your looking for nos or mint but now and then there are some to be had
the grill will run you $400 easily for just a fair condition one as there a super rare grill and the 76/77 tail light bezels(nos or mint) never come up much and if they do they will cost you your other leg ,they usually have broken tabs at the back and or pitted
but not to discourage they are around and can be bought just dont be surprised at the sticker price is all , here is a sending unit again sticker price ouch!http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-MoPar-1...UGE-/330506894841?hash=item4cf3befdf9&vxp=mtr

I don't think that is the correct gas tank sending unit- Rich showed them (77-80+) to me on rock auto for like $40 bucks

slant6billy

Reaction score
77 aspen front.jpg
79 aspen.jpg

Please take a look at the front Bezels 76/77 are contoured slightly different. 78/79 are shared with Volare 76-79 and have the over hang on the inward over the blinker lense. So if you go with a 78/79 Grille, you may want to stick with the bezels for that grille?

77 aspen front.jpg

79 aspen.jpg

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
76-77 HL bezels/trims are different than 78-79, Aspen or Volare doesnt matter. They are year specific, not model specific.

I have the filler tube, HL trims and retainer rings.
May have a decent set of tomahawk tail light bezels in good condition.
The only 76-early 77 sending units I have do not work.

Aspen500

Reaction score
You know, if a person could have seen into the future, and I don't want to make anyone cry..........................Back in 1988 when I had a "situation" and wiped the grille out (along with other things) on my car, a new grille assy from Dodge was a whole $110. Now I see the rare NOS one that pops up for sale once in a very great while goes for $1,200-$1,500. The NOS one on my car came from Marty Mopar somewhere around 2002 or so and it was $400. Even then, that was literally the only one I found and snapped it up like RIGHT NOW. Who'd a thunk it way back 25+ years ago so many parts for our cars would be made of unobtanium and be so pricey when they do show up for sale?

The total for brand new trim for the hood and ends of fenders, along with headlamp bezels was under $100 if I remember correctly. How times change...........................

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
NOS grilles for 71 "Cudas run $5-6K, Twenty years ago, it would have probably bought an entire car. Thirty-thirty five years ago, it would have bought 3 cars. That's the way it goes.

Kostas

compubert

Reaction score
Hey Jim, those sending units aren't that hard to fix if the arm is still rattling around in the housing... I cleaned and soldered mine in about 15 minutes and tested then reinstalled and I HAVE GAUGE NOW!!! :eek:ccasion5: . . now if I could figure out why my temp quit . . . :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back