Pass The Salt

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The salt gremlins have been very busy up here even though we've hardly had any snow!! Black cars are now all white. Here's a couple of examples.....my neighbors cars.

2015-01-11 09.11.55.jpg

You can see the tonnage of salt on the sides.
Like I said....we've had a few dustings of snow.....that's it.

Check out the salt count on the road....

2015-01-11 09.13.56.jpg

That's crazy....and people wonder why we drown our cars in oil up here.....

2015-01-11 09.11.55.jpg

2015-01-11 09.13.56.jpg

Mr C

Reaction score
Have they started using that brine stuff? I heard that's even worse for cars.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Have they started using that brine stuff? I heard that's even worse for cars.

They pre spray with the brine and THEN salt.
They're insane with this stuff....ave we've had basically no snow yet. Blowing off the salt budget I guess...

slant6billy

Reaction score
Scary thing is, it has some truth on stupid actions by politicians and the media. More focused on pecker pills and hair loss than real problems

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
its from the movie Idiocracy they spray gatorade on their crops because "Its got what plants crave" "Its got electrolytes" i.e. salt lol

I got it now.....I'll have to watch it.
Scary thing is, it has some truth on stupid actions by politicians and the media. More focused on pecker pills and hair loss than real problems

Ain't THAT the truth!

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
I find the brine makes driving even worse as it weirdly enough makes ice build up on it and in a ripple effect so its very hard driving ,,they spray it all over the place where im at ,its crazy

slant6billy

Reaction score
Brake components, steering, suspension all get compromised. The additional potholes put all those parts to additional stress test. Bad time to lose control of a vehicle because of component failure due to disintegration. So I wonder what is worse to the environment, a few old mopars with carbs or several thousand tons of salt and chemicals dumped on the roads for 5 months every year. I guess I'll have to do the new math.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Im just lucky to have more than 1 option ,as i really cant see the aspen driving in the winter ,,its not even a rust thing its more a safety thing ,lol i cant see her being very good in the snow with those big fat summer tires or very reliable to start when its -40 with the wind chill factor

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Brake components, steering, suspension all get compromised. The additional potholes put all those parts to additional stress test. Bad time to lose control of a vehicle because of component failure due to disintegration. So I wonder what is worse to the environment, a few old mopars with carbs or several thousand tons of salt and chemicals dumped on the roads for 5 months every year. I guess I'll have to do the new math.

I figure it's all part of the plot of getting people to buy a new ride every four or five years. A guy I work with bought a brand new Mitsushitty last year and he heard me talking about tie rod ends and actually said he'd just buy a new car rather than getting "major" stuff like that fixed.....major??
But that is the new mentality. Between the ethanol and the salt it's a nail in the coffin everyday....environmentalism lives....
Im just lucky to have more than 1 option ,as i really cant see the aspen driving in the winter ,,its not even a rust thing its more a safety thing ,lol i cant see her being very good in the snow with those big fat summer tires or very reliable to start when its -40 with the wind chill factor

I daily drive my Fifth in blizzards....it's a different animal but if you know what you're doing they're actually pretty good in the winter. Salt is the number one reason why the Caravelle and Volare never see winter.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
I think i may buy one actually as a winter car ,i wouldent wreck one if it was mint but if its kinda beat up already and i can get a few yrs out of it i think i may get one ;)

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Blew the Sure-Grip out of the rear in the Dip pushing snow that was up to the hood ornament. Made it through.

Best damned car on the road with set of snow tires.

Agreed!
I can't say enough about this little tank in the snow.
Always fires up and....never gets stuck.

mirada80

Reaction score
20150114_160950.jpg

Here is my Durango, no it is not suppose to be two tone.

20150114_160950.jpg

Last edited:

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Yep....looks like they do here.
All that salt to try to help the idiots who just don't know how to drive in the winter....

God forbid someone should actually have to learn how to drive! There emails to check, cat videos to watch, people can't be bothered with that whole 'learning wtf they're doing' business:BangHead:

I grew up with a carb, stick shift, manual steering and rear wheel drive, and none of these chemicals for the roads. and you know what? I loved driving in winter! I'd look forward to it.

Back