Pass The Salt

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
God forbid someone should actually have to learn how to drive! There emails to check, cat videos to watch, people can't be bothered with that whole 'learning wtf they're doing' business:BangHead:

I grew up with a carb, stick shift, manual steering and rear wheel drive, and none of these chemicals for the roads. and you know what? I loved driving in winter! I'd look forward to it.

Same here....I remember when you had to actually know how to drive....up here in the great white north you'd think people would know how to drive in the snow right?

Not a chance....1/4" on the ground and they're either driving like grandpa and holding up traffic or they think they're an Indy car driver and you read about then later in the ditch or a rollover.....just stund....

greymouser7

Reaction score
Blew the Sure-Grip out of the rear in the Dip pushing snow that was up to the hood ornament. Made it through.

Best damned car on the road with set of snow tires.

Do you guys think one of these cars (my aspen with large tires like what's on the 'blackbird' & a suregrip) would do alright in the snow if I drive it up to my relatives in Kansas & Nebraska?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Out of control.....

20150127_122942.jpg

20150127_122942.jpg

Master M

Reaction score
That's a hell of a nice looking car even though it's dusted with talc !!

alf44

Reaction score
in minnesota i learned to drive in a 66 chevy 3/4 ton 4 speed in dead of winter. 2 wheel drive -snow tires. my dad never told me if you start slidding around a turn push the clutch in and slowly brake. so i took that first turn about 20mph in 2nd gear doing a nice slide around. he said wow,lol. after that first turn l learned how to slide around corners on purpose and how to control it ! thats the real trick is to control your ride as you are sliding around corners. now if the roads are right and NO traffic i do this any chance i get. no, im not a idiot driver, i know that this makes me a better driver as i know i can CONTROL my car if the weather gets bad enough and i need to drive. most people i see cant even control a bike in summer yet think they are a drift king,lol

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
in minnesota i learned to drive in a 66 chevy 3/4 ton 4 speed in dead of winter. 2 wheel drive -snow tires. my dad never told me if you start slidding around a turn push the clutch in and slowly brake. so i took that first turn about 20mph in 2nd gear doing a nice slide around. he said wow,lol. after that first turn l learned how to slide around corners on purpose and how to control it ! thats the real trick is to control your ride as you are sliding around corners. now if the roads are right and NO traffic i do this any chance i get. no, im not a idiot driver, i know that this makes me a better driver as i know i can CONTROL my car if the weather gets bad enough and i need to drive. most people i see cant even control a bike in summer yet think they are a drift king,lol

You are absolutely correct.
Practice makes perfect.....
I go to secluded spots all the time with the Fifth and practice in the snow.....major fun!

Then when she does let go in a storm you know what to do.
That's what saved my ass when it let go on the hill in my trailer park last weekend.....I knew what to do.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I let let this thing bear the brunt of winter driving.

image.jpg

Those big old tires grip so good it's almost boring lol.

image.jpg

I even tossed the idea around of putting a set on the fifth. :laughing1: If only they came in whitewall. lbs (laughing but serious)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

Aspen500

Reaction score
Around here (central WI) even the asphalt roads look like new concrete. Stupid salt................
With my daily driver '96 Dakota (4x2) I SWEAR by putting winter tires on for the season. Got Firestone Winterforce and they are awesome especially when the freeways turns to ice. With the regular all-season tires I run in summer, I can get stuck on 3 snowflakes and not exaggerating very much on that one!

Monkeyed

Reaction score
there's a place up here by the racetrack that does those conversions, I saw an early 90s Grand Prix, a Neon, some of the full size van ones are pretty slick

Monkeyed

Reaction score
The late 70s/ early 80s station wagon going down the highway was probaably my favorite, good lift on it, great big tires, fake wood paneling, square headlights, oversized grille :glasses1:

Back