Photos from my 2011 Travels

Mopar Envy

Reaction score
I am newsletter editor for a National Chapter of a international well known car club. I get to go to a lot of shows and cruise ins from Woodward in Detroit to Autofest in Oshawa, both Motor Cities in each country. My primary subjects are another make of car however I know when to stop and take a photo of a Mopar. Here are some unedited and uncropped that I pulled from my filles. I hope you enjoy these from my 2011 tour.

IMG_8147-1.jpg

IMG_8918-1.jpg

IMG_8922-1.jpg

IMG_8939-1.jpg

IMG_9117-1.jpg

IMG_9651-1.jpg

IMG_9704-1.jpg

IMG_9684.jpg

IMG_9688-1.jpg

IMG_9689.jpg

Mopar Envy

Reaction score
I will keep looking and post as I come across them. My files are sorted by show name or cruise in name and date so it's cool looking through them all. I even have photos of Fords.

BTW the owner of the '65 Super Stock car is Chuck Dali, Canadian Factory Drag Racer for Chrysler from the late 60's and early 70's. He has a ton of great stories to share, very nice man. He campaigned two Cars for Chrysler, a 69 Charger and then a 70 Challenger both factory supplied direct from Michigan. Unlimited expense budget for parts and repairs plus a support/tow vehicle. He goes south in the winter and he tells me he spends time with his good friend Don Garlits. He invited to me to his home this summer which is nearby our cottage on Geogian Bay (Lake Huron) so I will definitely be going to see him.

Last edited:

qurtuba

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the Doc, enough plain jane hemi B-bodies and lets see some real rare Mopars :toothy12:

Mopar Envy

Reaction score
Sorry I wasted your time, I suppose these F M J cars are so scarce I haven't seen any to photograph at the cruise ins or shows I go to. Perhaps I should start checking out the parking lots of retirement homes.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Sorry I wasted your time, I suppose these F M J cars are so scarce I haven't seen any to photograph at the cruise ins or shows I go to. Perhaps I should start checking out the parking lots of retirement homes.

OUCH! Nice one Frank! You know what? I love F M J bodies, but these cars are far from "plain jane" and as far as I'm concerned any Mopar is worth looking at. Some of these babies have great historical significance too. They ain't hurtin' my eyes Frank. Thanks for posting.
(The '65 IS mint! Guessing that's Chuck sitting in it.)

Last edited:

Eastyorker

Reaction score
That '65's engine is the mysterious call you got from me last summer. As he was idling it I sent you the rumble. 426 Max Wedge.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I'd look at the pick up and the blue C. The others are nice, but I've seen a million and I remember them on the dealer lots.

I can see Hemis in person all day if I want.

Jonno

Reaction score

That Frank is a character, let me tell ya'. :laughing9:

Would look good in an FS Impie though!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'd look at the pick up and the blue C. The others are nice, but I've seen a million and I remember them on the dealer lots.

I can see Hemis in person all day if I want.

You know, realistically.. They're all Mopar's. I love F M J's but they're all in the family so to speak. I read Mopar Action religiously but you're pretty hard pressed to find an F M J in there but I still buy every issue. Why? MOPAR. Like I said in my "Diamond in the rough" thread, F M and J are my faves and I've seen enough Road Runners, Cuda's and Super Bees to make me sleepy BUT.. You gotta respect the work these guy's have put into these rides. I've seen the RT at the top of the page and it IS sweet. The C rocks and the 65 Belvedere is badass. In my books a Mope's a Mope and they're all family. Thanks again for posting Frank.

Last edited:
Back