Piece On Fire Wall

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I am presently repairing the wiring and vacuum lines that are disconnected in the engine bay and under the hood. This is a picture of a piece that is on the fire wall and I cant figure out exactly what it is or what is its purpose. It does not seem to have any kind of wiring that attaches to it. Anyone have any idea what it is? Thank You.

fggfgf.jpg

Last edited:

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Is your car an A/C car? Looks like the block the A/C coolant lines hook into.

Borrowed from Jasper's Cordoba thread.

100_3513.jpg

100_3513.jpg

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Well obviously I do not have coolant lines not that I am aware of anyways. I am unsure if the vehicle has had air in it at one time or not. All I see are two heater hoses and those two are hooked up. Hmm kinda confused on this one. Thanks for the reply and picture.

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Update:
I went ahead and checked all lines. It appears the previous owner replaced the radiator but all coolant parts are missing from the engine bay. This is a huge disappointment. Anyone have the complete pictures to how the setup should be for the A/C or a parts list on my model year?. Thank You.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
that block has nothing to do with coolant
the previous owner probably tore out all the a/c componants at some point or another
the a/c condenser sits infront of the radiator (slightly smaller) and theres usually a can lookin deal (cant remember what its called at the moment) buy the radiator support and the a/c compressor would be on the right side of the engine

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Yeah I am trying to find out what all parts are missing. Anyone have a parts list for all the a/c components that should be in this model? Thank You.

greyghost

Reaction score
Yeah I am trying to find out what all parts are missing. Anyone have a parts list for all the a/c components that should be in this model? Thank You.

I just removed all of the A/C stuff from my '79 LeBaron. I was careful in removing everything so all of the parts are in tact. As a matter of fact, I made an aluminum cover to fit the aluminum block that's on the firewall (the same block that's in your picture). I also removed a broken screw (1 of 3 10-24's) that held the electromagnet on that operates the compressor clutch. I'm guessing it was an R-12 system so it would require an R-134 seal upgrade. Taking another look at your pic, those (2) 1/4-20 socket head screws are holding another block on the firewall block. On my car that block had a pressure switch and I think some kind of ambient temp sensor. I removed that block also. I still have all of those parts.

Last edited:

tim berry

Reaction score
Your going to need any brackets needed to mount the compressor ,receiver/dryer, hoses, condensor with brackets , and a new expantion valve and all the metal gaskets . Do not buy a rebuilt compressor spend the extra money get it new ( or youll be doing some of this again soon ) .

greyghost

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the A/C parts I removed. The condenser is still on the car but I hope to be removing it this week.

004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I have been so busy doing others things on the car I never noticed it didn't have air till the other day. Guess I will half to decide if I wanna put another a/c unit in it or not. Thanks for the pictures and info.:icon_study:

Back