Pinstripes : LeBaron vs Cordoba 77 & 79

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm so tired and worn out.
I think I need a nap to be rested enough to have a nap for the afternoon.
JW

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Hi kids! I have had several B-Body Cordobas and know exactly what you are talking about. Mopar had a different name for pin stripes: Tape Stripes. Assumingly, as they came on rolls of tape allowing them to be applied to the car pretty easily. Anyway, The Cordoba stripes you guys are talking about start out narrow, and get larger through the center of the car, and narrow again as they approach the rear. In between the solid stripes was a sort-of baroque filigree. It was quite elegant, and VERY 70s looking. Check out this video, jump to 4:09 to see the stripes in question. My J-Body Cordoba had the "300" red/white/blue stripes, and they too, were narrow and the ends, and wider in the center. I could not find an entire tape-stripe kit, so I went with some eBay-sourced red/white/blue pin stripes that look just fine.
1981 Chrysler Cordoba LS
Here's one more picture of the "fancy" pinstripes, but they are crazy-faded on this example: https://barnfinds.com/one-owner-rust-free-1976-chrysler-cordoba/041320-1976-chrysler-cordoba-3/

Back