Popcorn

Justwondering

Reaction score
IMG_6520.JPG
end of a productive day
Popcorn and watching the cowboy game.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll pull out some thread and start another hot pad holder.
The dallas defense forgot to show up so far.
Granted that the Detroit Lions have very attractive uniforms tonight.
Dallas scores, detroit scores, dallas scores, detroit scores....
Other than emmitt in the stands, this is not so interesting.
Maybe 2nd half will be better.

Justwondering

Reaction score
That was a sweet play.
Dak to Bryant. Bryant is left handed and runs laterally then throws to Witten in the end zone.
Great play.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I listened to the Packers kick the Vikings ass while in the garage Saturday. They didn't do so good the first half of the season but somehow got their act together lately. Can they beat the Lions? Time will tell I suppose.
I don't have a whole lot of interest in football (or any other sports for that matter) but I like listening to the 2 guys that do the Packers play by play. They're great! Never watch the Brewers either but at times listen on the radio for the same reason. Bob Ueker does their play by play and he's funny and has some excellent stories to fill the slack times, which are frequent in baseball it seems.

Justwondering

Reaction score
The announcers they had for the cowboy game were not the usual ones and it was very offputting.
We finally just turned the sound off and turned the radio on so we had better play-by-play.

Some years, football interests me, other years it is tedious.
I don't understand hockey and its over 120 miles one way to catch a game.
Baseball, seems like a lot of dead time in between short bits of activity.
Soccer makes me tired watching all that running and kicking.
Basketball seems so monotonous. Run here, pitch the ball, run back over here, pitch the ball, run back where you came from, pitch the ball ..

Which no one every understood about me in high school. They always thought since I was about 6 foot that I would 'LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEE' shooting baskets. Nope.

Boy I sound grumpy tonight ... lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm with you on all that. Football, and I mean REAL football and not that soccer crap, is the only sport that interests me at all. Correction, it's the only sport that doesn't involve four tires and a track of some sort (exception is NASCAR, yawn.)

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I like baseball (St. Louis Cardinals fan since 1969), and NFL football (Oakland Raiders and Pittsburg Steelers). I used to like hockey in the 1970s-1990s, but can't stand it any more (game has gone way downhill in my opinion (Montreal Canadiens fan)). Liked CFL football, but haven't for 20+ years (ever since the CFL expanded into the US for a couple of years).

Back