Power Passenger seat

Interior and Electrical

1. jasperjacko

jasperjacko Well-Known Member

Did Chrysler make a power passenger seat for the fmj platform? I would like to make the passenger side more comfy for the wife on long drives.

2. jasperjacko

How much trouble is it to put late model challenger seats in? I think a couple guys here have done it.

3. jasperjacko

Or a factory bucket seat with recline. My seats don't recline.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  4. Duke5A

Duke5A Well-Known Member

There was a guy on here I believe that was doing the Challenger seat swap. Guy had bought the seats and begun wiring then never heard anything else from him.

The Fifth Avenue passenger seats are power.

If you wanted buckets that match the interior you could always mount a passenger seat to your driver's track. I found another red leather 5th at a pick 'n pull years ago and did just that. You need to move the seat over a couple inches to the inside to clear the B pillar. Did it with angle iron.

20140706_213902.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

20140704_002809.jpg

jasperjacko likes this.
  5. BudW

BudW Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure of the exact number, but I "think" only about 1/2 of the Fifth Ave's and 1/4th (or less) of other M-bodies were built with passenger front power seats. Very few F-bodies had them. I have no clue about J-body seats.

Most (if not all) M-bodies already have the Right side seat electrical pigtail underneath the carpet - which shouldn't be hard to find once the Right seat is removed. It would be advisable to get the entire Right seat assembly and take home - for the change over, for the seat switch and mounting brackets are attached to the seat itself.

I like the idea of installing a good Right side seat on drivers side to get rid of that oversized seat.
    BudW

Justwondering likes this.
  6. Mikes5thAve

Mikes5thAve Well-Known Member

I'd say less than half 5th had power passenger seat. I've never had one and trying to find one from a yard I can count on one hand how many I've seen.

Charger or challenger seats shouldn't be too hard. They bolt in instead of studs like these cars and the tracks are flat so you could easily use the right size square tubing to bolt into an M to get the height then thread holes in the tubing in the right spots to bolt the new seats to.

SuicideRider and Justwondering like this.
  7. 1982 IMP

1982 IMP Member

Imperial has a power passenger seat

8. MoparDan

MoparDan Well-Known Member

My '87 Fifth Avenue had one, and not only didn't it work, it was all the way forward...I never saw another one with it

9. BudW

BudW Moderator Staff Member

My '86 Fifth Ave has a R/F power seat. To be honest, its been a while sense I've been in that seat to know if it works, or not (but suspects it still does).
    I wish my seats reclined...

MoparDan likes this.
  10. jasperjacko

Looks like I need to find an Imperial seat and transfer mine to it. It has to be from a 2 dr.

11. kkritsilas

kkritsilas Well-Known Member

Imperials only came in two doors.

jasperjacko likes this.
  12. MoparDan

MoparDan Well-Known Member

I don't think you could get a power passenger seat on a Fury or Diplomat, my '87 Diplomat SE had every available option other then the Snowflake wheels (yes was a sunroof car!) and the passenger seat isn't power. They now live on in The Cherry Bomb which didn't even have the plug for the power driver's seat so i had to wire that in (wasn't hard) I'm sure an M-body that has a power driver's seat would have the plug for the passenger side too