Question about upper control arm bushings

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
Does anyone know the dimensional differences (I know the numbers are different! LOL) between the following two upper control arm bushings?

MOOG p/n K7058
MOOG p/n K7084

APPLICATION DATA;
73-79 B body K7058
79-81 R body "
76-80 F body K7084
77-89 M body "
80-83 J body "

Now the reason why I ask is I am needing to be replacing the upper control arm bushings on my Bbody however I do have the whole upper control arm and bracket assemblies from/for an 82 MBody, which apparently as an assembly is a direct replacement. I would like to recondition the later assemblies now, for when I remove the old ones so I can just bolt on the already reconditioned set.

I'm just confused as to what the difference in the bushings are and MOOG does not have that info published.

Thank you!
Troy

slant6billy

Reaction score
I hate that there is no good pdf. reference out there for things like this, shocks, and other "might fit better than original". I have a similar dilemma with my 97 ram. the stock lower ball joints are too big for the new drop spindle. When Belltech sold the kit, they did not give a crossreference - just "their" ball joints. I know they didn't make them, so how to find out "who's they are and part numbers.

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
I hate that there is no good pdf. reference out there for things like this, shocks, and other "might fit better than original". I have a similar dilemma with my 97 ram. the stock lower ball joints are too big for the new drop spindle. When Belltech sold the kit, they did not give a crossreference - just "their" ball joints. I know they didn't make them, so how to find out "who's they are and part numbers.

Have you tried calling Belltech and just asking? Someone there WILL know, and if it is a proprietary part they will know that also.... They may or may not want to give the info tho if they also sell "replacements"... Also try mic'ing the part in question and then call Moog, etc with specs and let their tech team do the 'cross-referencing'... M2C

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Does anyone know the dimensional differences (I know the numbers are different! LOL) between the following two upper control arm bushings?

MOOG p/n K7058
MOOG p/n K7084

APPLICATION DATA;
73-79 B body K7058
79-81 R body "
76-80 F body K7084
77-89 M body "
80-83 J body "

Now the reason why I ask is I am needing to be replacing the upper control arm bushings on my Bbody however I do have the whole upper control arm and bracket assemblies from/for an 82 MBody, which apparently as an assembly is a direct replacement. I would like to recondition the later assemblies now, for when I remove the old ones so I can just bolt on the already reconditioned set.

I'm just confused as to what the difference in the bushings are and MOOG does not have that info published.

Thank you!
Troy

Understand the delima and I would call Moog with the part no.s and just ask them what the difference is... Maybe some minute difference that is something that was needed to apply to such a wide variety of applications. Might explain to them WHY you would like to know and maybe just maybe there is a published answer on the Al Gore Hyway, that they can lead you to...

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
Answering my own question for your info

Ok here's the scoop

APPLICATION DATA;
73-79 B body K7058
79-81 R body "
76-80 F body K7084
77-89 M body "
80-83 J body "

K7058 is larger than the K7084. Both have the same length inner solid sleeve but the sleeve's inner diameter is larger for a slightly thicker *bar. As well the outer shell is a larger diameter.

Now keep in mind that the complete upper control arm assemblies are suppose to be interchangeable, the latter being the direct replacements for the earlier. In the next few months I will be confirming this and will report back here again my findings with more pictures.

73-4 upper control arm.jpg

Photo0360.jpg

Photo0362.jpg

Photo0376.jpg

K7058

Photo0366.jpg

Photo0368.jpg

K7084

Photo0372.jpg

Photo0374.jpg

73-4 upper control arm.jpg

Photo0360.jpg