R body wipers

PursuitSpecial

Reaction score
I'd really like to get the wipers working on my Gran Fury so I can drive it without worrying about the weather, but the wiper blades are some obscure trico thing that I don't think can be easily replaced. It looks like it requires inserts. I've got some inserts for it but they're old and probably not the best, I'd rather convert it to a more readily available set where the whole arm is replaced. The linkage is also messed up, someone took the linkage off of the motor and didn't put it back and I have no idea how to hook it all back up. I looked in my 81 service manual but the drawings and descriptions are clear as mud. Does anyone know how the linkage is supposed to hook up, maybe with better diagrams? This is what the assembly looks like

Screenshot_20240307-195045.png

PSX_20240307_200932.jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
Well, I did a write up, diagram and pictures when I had to put new inserts in my 87 fifth avenue....
Wiper Linkage Rehab

You can do it.

And hopefully. You'll only have to do it once because you will read the forum info and pay attention to the 'orient the bell crank properly, and orient the inserts properly' -- or like me, you'll do it twice. Good Times ! Bwa ha ha ha

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Your Gran Fury uses a plastic cam assy on the motor bell crank. Appears to be missing or broken in the photo. It's most likely the original failure since they break apart after 30 or 40 years. The parts are available, just have to be sure you get the correct ones. IIRC, there's 3 or 4 different p/n's

Back