Ran across this headlight gem on Facebook

Remow2112

Reaction score
Garrett Palmer
Newer model jeep headlights are plug and play with the factory 78 connector
1646839323874.jpeg

Dan Pearce
Garrett Palmer So the headlight it's self plugs into the harness. What is the control box you are using for the HALO"? Did you buy a used pair of OEM or some of the aftermarket that is on Ebay?

Garrett Palmer
Dan Pearce no they are aftermarket I work at a dealership and used to do used car trade in repairs, I was told to remove all the aftermarket stuff on a Jeep Wrangler and throw it away, but I kept it. It was just the lights themselves with the 3 pin connector and the control box for the halos which just uses a power and ground wire to power the control box

Garrett Palmer
Michael Reynolds the connector on the aftermarket lights will look like this it plugs straight into your factory 3 pin connector. The other 2 wires are just power and a ground that’s it. This is probably the easiest “mod” you can do to these cars. The same factory 3 pin connector for the volare and aspen is the same as a Jeep from 1987 to at least 2019

1646839422032.jpeg

I have found a cheap set of this type of light on Ebay. Got a pair for $49. I will give them a try on my current resto project and post an update.

Camtron

Reaction score
I attempted something like this last year on my 5th Ave. Also using some Ebay led 4x6 lights. The lens/housing halves came sealed together with a seam about 1/4” thick all the way around on all 4 sides making the headlights dimensions closer to 4.5”x6.5”. Couldn’t get the trim ring around them or get them into the bezels. I hope you have better luck with what you ordered.
Post pictures of how things go.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I attempted something like this last year on my 5th Ave. Also using some Ebay led 4x6 lights. The lens/housing halves came sealed together with a seam about 1/4” thick all the way around on all 4 sides making the headlights dimensions closer to 4.5”x6.5”. Couldn’t get the trim ring around them or get them into the bezels. I hope you have better luck with what you ordered.
Post pictures of how things go.

I used 4x6 to H4 conversion housings and used H4 to LED conversion bulbs. Fit good.

20210301_011027.jpg

20210301_011014.jpg

20210301_010958.jpg

20210301_010951.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score

droptop

Reaction score
Garrett Palmer
Newer model jeep headlights are plug and play with the factory 78 connector
View attachment 46754

Dan Pearce
Garrett Palmer So the headlight it's self plugs into the harness. What is the control box you are using for the HALO"? Did you buy a used pair of OEM or some of the aftermarket that is on Ebay?

Garrett Palmer
Dan Pearce no they are aftermarket I work at a dealership and used to do used car trade in repairs, I was told to remove all the aftermarket stuff on a Jeep Wrangler and throw it away, but I kept it. It was just the lights themselves with the 3 pin connector and the control box for the halos which just uses a power and ground wire to power the control box

Garrett Palmer
Michael Reynolds the connector on the aftermarket lights will look like this it plugs straight into your factory 3 pin connector. The other 2 wires are just power and a ground that’s it. This is probably the easiest “mod” you can do to these cars. The same factory 3 pin connector for the volare and aspen is the same as a Jeep from 1987 to at least 2019

View attachment 46755

I have found a cheap set of this type of light on Ebay. Got a pair for $49. I will give them a try on my current resto project and post an update.

My mom always told me if you can’t say anything good, don’t say anything at all. Sorry mom, but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen done to a classic car.

Remow2112

Reaction score
My mom always told me if you can’t say anything good, don’t say anything at all. Sorry mom, but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen done to a classic car.
Oh I have seen much worse. Like 22s on a 70 Demon. Now that is horrible. LOL

I just got the lights in but will have to wait till I get back from MATS in Vegas next week.

Camtron

Reaction score
Back