reach out to my aspen brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
Contact seller
i just got home and my family tells me because i drove the valiant today the aspen got hit! the guy left his name and number but hes uninsured i beleive i have uninsured driver insurance for up to 3500 in damage , the guy want to get insurance tomorrow and file it then im not too sure about this.
im gonna tell him either out of pocket for a door rust free in primer or ima file uninsured driver.

so that puts me in the wanted section for a drivers side door or pair of good straight rust free dent free doors pair price and single price would be great and any help finding doors would be great shipped to eureka ,cali 95501:sad11:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Dude,
got a couple of doors here in Jersey at a few yards and one a Century motors in Phila. As for rust free? That's a tough one. Good luck.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Sounds like he wants you to commit insurance fraud. Don't do it.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
turn out this clown has insurance he doesnt pay for so he didnt know his grandma paid for it...........AAA and he says full coverage.

i havnt driven it till just now and the car studders hard and stumbles on stops at signs and lights an it doesnt if i cali roll and does great at highway speeds but low preasure on pedal is very stumbly and studdery and i beleive its the carb something internally was messed up its running very bad and wasnt like this before.

what u think AAA is gonna say when i tellem a carburator?

Last edited:

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
Still sounds fishy to me. first he didn't have insurance and now all of sudden his grandma has him on her policy. Sounds like he's been in this kind of trouble before.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
the way he worded it is he didnt know he had insurance he thought hes been drive around uninsured but really grandma was paying this whole timetomorrow i will know more the door is nice at wildcats. but the car is running like shit he musta hit it hard cus it is funky studder and stumble at evrey stop i fixed this issue a year ago but this time im afraid it not just a timing and mixture check.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
sooooo.....the aspen has for a body shop to do it 1651.81 for a door.....and new hinges..... i geuss a adjuster is coming to acess how much my car is worth luckly i keep evrey receipt an i gotta list all and evrey upgrade .

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
It's good you kept all receipts and your upgrade list. All the insurance company will see is just a plain 77 aspen worth only XX amount of dollars. Don't let them lowball you or even sign anything until you get quotes from bodyshops. They also need to be made aware of any hidden damage that could have been caused by the accident.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
sounds good my dad said its either fuel system or timing or vac leak......the estamater gave me a low ball 854.00 for the damage and needless to say the insurence company sided with me and didnt total her out and are sending a check now for 1651.81 for the damage an no salvage title.

they said she was in fair condition i agree mostly for the terrable previous paintjob someone did , the estamater said there is no paint left on the car for money to be granted for repaint.......screw him!

Last edited:

d5667

Reaction score
I have a pair of 80 aspen no rust doors if you havn't found any yet-Brown

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
thank you for keeping up , i forgot to post that i got a great rust free door evreything but the door panel handle cup and window handle for 275 bucks no rust with the trim and remote mirrior, from wildcat in sandy ,Or

d5667

Reaction score
Thats great that you found one close.I usually have to travel.This one just got in is a lite hit in the front left corner.28000 miles interior is perfect

d5667

Reaction score
Sorry-but it takes the same time and effort to pull hinges as it does to pull doors.I really dont want to expose the interior to the elements for the price of the hinges. But thanks for the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back