Ready for it's 1st ever show

Aspen500

Reaction score
Car show tomorrow a couple suburbs away and it's going to be mostly sunny and 75 degrees (no rain on a show day!!!!!). The Aspen is going to lose it's car show virginity at long last. You've probably seen my rantings about literally every single show this season being rained out, and that is no exaggeration.

Been spending a couple hours the past few evenings getting it all shined up. I always give it a quick once over every time after driving it but there's cruising clean,,,,,,,,,,,and then there's car show clean. You know what I'm getting at.

Hard to tell from my crappy indoor pictures taken with a 15 year old 2.0 mega pixel Fujifilm camera but it's ready to go!

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
That is one clean Aspen. I have a carshow secret weapon I've been wanting to try. I have a big bucket- close to 20 gallons. I've acquired several lots of individual HotWheels. OK, I know this is cheating but politicians buy votes all the time. So here's the plan Place the bucket full of Hot Wheels right next to the car and let each kid have one..... that's one per kid. That surely keeps the flow of people past the mopar that sometimes needs folks just a few moments to stop and notice the details. Your Aspen is one finely detailed work of mopar art. With the 68 marker lights, the clean engine bay and neatly done. Nothing cheesy at all about your car, so my cheesy idea is maybe below class for a ride as nice as yours. I just think you need to attract the small fish to get the big fish. Plus, it would be inappropriate and sexist for my second idea: hire two female strippers to hangout by the car....... again cheating for the attention. Plus, I fear the Whitesnake video effect or after affect on the poor car's paint.

Good luck with the show and that killer Aspen of yours.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen! Who walked in, lol.

We'll see if the show goes on yet. Had the local news on and the area where the show is going to be is blocked off due to a Police incident. The show is one event along with others at The Kronenwetter Fire and Rescue and they mentioned all activities are postponed until further notice. Some loser that robbed a convenience store early this morning and shot the clerk is on the loose and the search is on. He is considered armed and very dangerous and believed to be on heroine or PCB(?) and the public is at high risk. In other words this lowest form of life will shoot you for just being there. Show doesn't start until 10am so hopefully he'll be found. That explains the sirens for days early this morning.

If it isn't rain it's something else. This is getting REALLY f****** old (excuse my language). Round up every loser, useless POS criminal and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,eliminate them. Just think, we wouldn't need locks, keys, anti-theft crap, among other things.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, I'd love to. Show was supposed to start NOW, the area is still on "lockdown". I know how this sounds but,,,,,,,,,,,,I kinda hope when they find the guy that lethal force will be needed. Save the taxpayers some money in court costs and incarseration costs in the already overcrowded prison system.

I'll write the story later but a criminal was a good portion of the reason I never made it to the big 800 car cruise last month. The other part of it was the road construction that made me change my route in the first place.

I just give up man. Seriously.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Oh, it WILL be out at some point today, probably more like evening after traffic dies down to a dull roar. Shows aren't really my thing but still would have been nice to get to at least one this year,,,,,,,,,,,,even just as a spectator. Can't say 100%, most likely no more shows scheduled until next spring around the great white north.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I vote it Best In Show, since you did not get to go.:icon_thumright:

Back