Ready to cruise

Kramer79

Reaction score
Not that any project is ever done done - but the Wagon is finally read to fully roll! Hopefully a few cruise nights still run into October!
CEE0F569-1F57-4BB6-BFEB-D633FCC36BC0.jpeg
4128B71C-CB71-4085-B218-A61527FD3614.jpeg

Kramer79

Reaction score
Thanks! The original owner bought it new nearby here in CT. I have the original invoice. When he passed (about 20 years ago) his wife told their son not to sell the car until she passed away, so the car sat in the garage until I bought it last year, title etc still in original owners name so I am the technical second owner.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Also wanted to say that I suspect your wagon is a fairly rare find. I don't recall seeing any other post 80's M WAGON for a LONG time. Seems like the '78's and '79's are more often found. I'm not sure, but isn't '81 the last year for the M body wagons? Regardless, yours is a great example and in really nice colors too. The original owners would be very happy that it is in your hands now. Keep updating with pics as you go.
full?d=1244248846.jpg

MoparDan

Reaction score
Beautiful! Its hard to believe that was a CT car new, clearly it wasn't driven in winter very much

Kramer79

Reaction score
Well unfortunately it was… there is rust in front of and behind most wheel openings, like rocker level… really too bad, but still on the road at least!

MoparDan

Reaction score
I drove mine through 4 CT winters before moving to Florida, and I power washed the both the body and undercarriage once a week when ever there was salt on the roads but still a lot of surface rust happened around the rear wheel wells not mention a little rust though right behind one and also ended up with some rust though in the trunk jambs. Luckily the rest held out pretty good though and since I painted the undercarriage with rustolium once a year things are ok underneath. She drove well though the snow and ice too, even during the blizzard of 2018 I made it home fine

Bluejeansthe5th

Reaction score
Very nice car and you are lucky, and the car is lucky. Good things all around. I live in SE Virginia, but grew up in NW Pa. It was almost impossible to prevent rust on your car where I grew up unless you bought a winter beater. I don't miss that!

Back