Real or Fake?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Real or Fake?

hhh.jpg

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
The paperwork says chrysler tried to include some cars in there "Adult Toy" group and like some of the the vans (76 street van) and trucks were that were near done when made but left things open, but soon rejected the idea. The 78 street van was fully done off the lot. So that car in the pic was a base aspen with a stripe put on it.

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
But there is one guy on here with a really nice optioned aspen rt that unless you seen the tag youd not think it was as it is, or was, its sadly been changed alot but its his car.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Cool vid before the street van, maybe during, but notice the wheels that later showed on the LRE trucks.

Last edited:

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
REAL. There were a lot more landau topped Roadrunner's than R/T's though. I seem to recall seeing that one was orange in the color photos. Why is it watermarked? There's at least 3 photos of that car circulating as free content. Is this another one of those jerks who throws his own ownership on others freely distributed property just because it isn't copyrighted? Don't laugh, it does happen.

But at any rate, yeah, seen many of em. I'm having trouble locating the pix I took of a very early '77 base A57 R/T, in the '76 Jamaican Blue B5 with landau top and T-bar! Legit car in original paint except front fenders.

I have a '76 landau Roadrunner!

View attachment 39614

AA11.jpg

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I know they made them, my L top MV1 Green Stripe Runner is one, but the accompanying paperwork with that series of pics states about the personalization? of the vans and cars and that particular car was a base aspen with stripes added, you missed the point. There are six pages of pics and 4 pages of text on that topic.

Last edited:

volare 77

Reaction score
My first Volare RR (a 76) was green with green stripes. It had the white landau top also. I also kinda disliked the top after buying the car. It was only 6 months old when i bought it and it was still under warranty at the time. The previous owner traded it in on a Cordoba. I had only seen one other Volare RR at the time running the streets and it was a white one with blue stripes and with the same white landua top. It makes me wonder what happen to white RR. It was kept very nice.

Last edited:

volare 77

Reaction score
No it wasn`t. Both my car and the white one were 318 with 904. I had put a 340 in mine and it was still in the car when I sold it.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Just like the canopy tops, here is the tag off my A57 canopy top.

This lower is a odd tag from a dead car, but its the lovable fugly blue but also blue striped, would of been a cool car.

I know not everyone can do it, ive alot of cool f pics of old but I cant verify them, but myself feel if you can doc, what one posts then its just a good thing. Especially like the full tag of the lower pic. Shows a car with certain features was really built.

But we all have different opinions.

That second tag has changed hands more then alot of f cars do.

th.jpg

Last edited:

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
I'm learning all the time and don't declare myself to know more than others about the myriad minutia. If there's a way to be positive about something I do attempt to do that while sharing as much as I do know.

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Its all good, I only hold back at times because it shows a pattern thats all over the internet and forums on all sites, memory vs facts and that topic ive brought up time and time again of the importance of facts over fuzzy recollection, no more no less. And at times some have other factual stuff to add which improves the topic. It wasnt bated, it was an attempt to get some more good info to light.

But with that, springs here, this is just as good time as any to get off the web and get some stuff done.

Last edited:

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Yeah, politics is forbidden there. Including some in a post was corrected. But thanks for bringing up that one time...

Might be spring but I still got the heat on making another F-body bite sized. This is # 2 of 5 on the schedule for as quick as I can get em thru.

20200326_120939.jpg

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
The Aspen in the first post seems to have become a Corvette. What the??????????????????
Please, no Chevy's! lol

Back