Rear axels

Ele115

Reaction score
I am impressed with the number of older American cars you have over there.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The driveshaft is shorter.

$100 a great deal for an axle with the police suspension parts . People have posted the axle alone for more then that here before.
Thank you. There's so many things I used to know that got overwritten by new things, LOL.

I'm also surprised with how many older Mopar's you've got there. Honestly, when I think Sweden and Norway, I imagine Volvo's and Saab's and not much else on the roads. Well, maybe not so much Saab anymore.

Gunnar Schroder

Reaction score
Good morning to you. Yes there are a lot of old US cars over here. Volvo and SAAB too. The SAAB was the most comfortable one I have ever had, a 2000 9-5. Well engineered and a joy to drive. Rust unfortunately killed her. A 1996 SAAB 9000 was the fastest one I have had. Went like stink with the 2.3 liter Turbo engine. Doing 100MPH with a trailer, unloaded, on the back no problem.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Thank you. There's so many things I used to know that got overwritten by new things, LOL.

I'm also surprised with how many older Mopar's you've got there. Honestly, when I think Sweden and Norway, I imagine Volvo's and Saab's and not much else on the roads. Well, maybe not so much Saab anymore.
When I think of Sweden and cars, I think of this:

I miss my 240...

Gunnar Schroder

Reaction score
Yes, they were bullet proof and well engineered. Rally Sweden in February was run half a mile from our house in Sweden.
Värmland, Hagfors was the centre.

Sub03

Reaction score
There is a large group of enthusiasts in Norway and Sweden who takes great pride in taking care of older american cars.
Earlier it was mostly cars from the fifties and sixties, but lately the malaise era cars has been included in the classic car communities.
The last couple of years I've noticed a change, because my Aspen now gets some attention and nice comments on cruise nights.
It's kind of fun being the oddball with an 4-door Aspen.

Unfortunately the Norwegian government has done their best to limit import of american cars with skyhigh taxes, as long as i can remember.
The taxes are calculated mostly on fuel consumption and weight, so that rules out many US cars from the market.
A new Durango (on my wishlist) sets you back $200.000-250.000. A gallon of 91 octane is $7.5-8.5

We don't even have any Chrysler dealership network here because of the low sales figures. There is lower taxes on cars classified as "work cars", so it is a handful of Rams and Silverados sold every year. In the 90's and 2000's you could get a SUV registered with lower taxes if you removed the back seat(!) and installed a grid wall behind the front seats. A lot of Tahoe's and Suburbans were sold in that period, until the government discovered the loop hole and changed the rules....
The taxes in Sweden is not as stupid IIRC.

On the other end, the EV's had up to last year no taxes. That and other benefits (free parking and free passes on toll roads) led to a boost in sales.
In fact 82 % of new cars sold here in 2023 is electric, with Tesla as the most sold car in Norway. o_O

Sorry for the long post guys, but I get fired up thinking of our left-wing politicians who think they're saving the world.
And now you know why my hair turns more gray every day.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We've got the same problem here with the current left wing gov't and a President who can't remember his own name. Hopefully in a few months that will all change.........Trying not to be political on this forum so, I'll shut up, lol!

They're having trouble selling EV's no matter what they try. Basically very few people want one, myself included. Besides that, they like to start on fire randomly. Not to mention the short range in frigid weather, and they won't even charge when it's below zero (F). Ask the people in Chicago last month about that. It'd take you 2 weeks to drive from coast to coast in an EV with all the 4-8 hour charging time, vs 10 minutes at a gas station. :)

Gunnar Schroder

Reaction score
There is a large group of enthusiasts in Norway and Sweden who takes great pride in taking care of older american cars.
Earlier it was mostly cars from the fifties and sixties, but lately the malaise era cars has been included in the classic car communities.
The last couple of years I've noticed a change, because my Aspen now gets some attention and nice comments on cruise nights.
It's kind of fun being the oddball with an 4-door Aspen.

Unfortunately the Norwegian government has done their best to limit import of american cars with skyhigh taxes, as long as i can remember.
The taxes are calculated mostly on fuel consumption and weight, so that rules out many US cars from the market.
A new Durango (on my wishlist) sets you back $200.000-250.000. A gallon of 91 octane is $7.5-8.5

We don't even have any Chrysler dealership network here because of the low sales figures. There is lower taxes on cars classified as "work cars", so it is a handful of Rams and Silverados sold every year. In the 90's and 2000's you could get a SUV registered with lower taxes if you removed the back seat(!) and installed a grid wall behind the front seats. A lot of Tahoe's and Suburbans were sold in that period, until the government discovered the loop hole and changed the rules....
The taxes in Sweden is not as stupid IIRC.

On the other end, the EV's had up to last year no taxes. That and other benefits (free parking and free passes on toll roads) led to a boost in sales.
In fact 82 % of new cars sold here in 2023 is electric, with Tesla as the most sold car in Norway. o_O

Sorry for the long post guys, but I get fired up thinking of our left-wing politicians who think they're saving the world.
And now you know why my hair turns more gray every day.
Dette stemmer til punkt og prikke. Men det finnes ofte bra med deler i Sverige selv om det tørker opp der også. USA og Rockauto har jo masse av slitedeler.

Gunnar Schroder

Reaction score
Anybody know the codes on this axel? I hope it shall fit. The automat is a 727 from the car it was taken. Not sure what I have as I swopped one way back in 1990. The old one was clapped out. He has the cardan as well.

Nummer 11.jpg

Nummer 22.jpg

Attachments

• Nummer 1.pdf
    955.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Nummer 2.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Back