Ruin it for us F, M & J people

slant6billy

Reaction score
Friends, Back in May I posted a thread about approaching an owner of a 79 Aspen 4 door to see if he would sell. The grille and plastic (lights, taillamps, trim, bumpers were in VGC. The frame was going. I saw a local crime blog a few days ago "79 green Dodge Aspen 4 door stolen in Deptford" Apparently a straw sale: No title/ keys - scrap metal scavenger sale by someone other than the owner.

Folks - money is tight with all of us- I get that and most do. However, these scrap collectors are getting way too aggressive. They steal all kinds of metal - not just "some old clunker". Handicap wheel chairs, kids toys, memorials; nothing is sacred.

So I can only imagine the plastic - good plastic on that Aspen was smashed and ripped up to get the metal carcass prepped for weighing at some scrap yard.

Plus, the guy is out his car and I never got to talk to him to see if he would sell. Perhaps, I could have prevented this if I was not fart'n around.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I had a salvage guy stop by my house and offer to buy my parts cars. I told him they weren't for sale and to get the f#ck off my property.....Then my dog accidentally got loose. I hate vultures.

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Then my dog accidentally got loose. I hate vultures.

I love it when a plan comes together... Yeah I have them stop by my place quite often asking if various 'junk' is for sale.... I hate that crap... IF it WAS for sale wouldnt I have a for sale sign posted? Or better yet, do you think I CANT take it to the scrap place myself? Then ya hafta 'worry' over it that there is no funny biddness going on late @ night... Dam I need another "Max". (German Shepard that didnt even like himself. lol)

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Friends, Back in May I posted a thread about approaching an owner of a 79 Aspen 4 door to see if he would sell. The grille and plastic (lights, taillamps, trim, bumpers were in VGC. The frame was going. I saw a local crime blog a few days ago "79 green Dodge Aspen 4 door stolen in Deptford" Apparently a straw sale: No title/ keys - scrap metal scavenger sale by someone other than the owner.

Folks - money is tight with all of us- I get that and most do. However, these scrap collectors are getting way too aggressive. They steal all kinds of metal - not just "some old clunker". Handicap wheel chairs, kids toys, memorials; nothing is sacred.

So I can only imagine the plastic - good plastic on that Aspen was smashed and ripped up to get the metal carcass prepped for weighing at some scrap yard.

Plus, the guy is out his car and I never got to talk to him to see if he would sell. Perhaps, I could have prevented this if I was not fart'n around.

Yeah I feel ya... I remember posting on that thread...:sad3:

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
just post a sign that says " aint nuthin' in here worth dyi'n for"

or "Tresspassers will be shot.....survivors will be shot again" nuff said!

old tired rebel

Reaction score
Seems this is a problem everywhere here (Tulsa) lately. People have been losing all kinds of stuff because of scrappers stealing in the middle of the night.

Back