Sad sight at parts galore Detroit

kingoftooland

Reaction score
They have 3 5th Avenue’s out their I seen these a week ago when gettin some stuff for my 84

A8B9FACE-335F-4000-B462-5DDC1FE5758D.jpeg

40A11DB1-4D70-4463-8CA5-28C089F0A3F9.jpeg

B89F75C9-CBAD-4E11-BBC5-C248D3EDCC5C.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
I wish I could find a yard around me with a F/M/J in it. They all seemingly were crushed years ago here.

kingoftooland

Reaction score
I hear ya my 84 needed new tail light wiring n the top car I got it off n I know theirs a hand full of us in the Detroit area shit they even have a 80 aspen with a slanty n bench seat

Aspen500

Reaction score
I wish I could find a yard around me with a F/M/J in it. They all seemingly were crushed years ago here.
Same here. I can't recall seeing an F/M/J in a yard for at LEAST 25 years now. For that matter, try finding anything built in the last century at a yard, regardless of make or model.

Trey

Reaction score
Ugh! Hate to see 30+ year old iron in a yard like this, although the blue car looks like it may have already succumbed to the salt worm . Usually the cars lifespan is only 120 days once it hits these u-pull-it yards. The site row52.com is the best for saving this iron. You can enter your search parameters and they will send you alerts when the car you're looking for is available in the yards like this. You can make some money at these yards if you know what you're looking for.

Reaction score
Sad to see those there like that. I have been looking for a drivers seat with the recline option for a while. I just need the frame because I can reuse my current cushion and upholstery. I wish I was closer to check these out! I believe the drivers side recline was only on the '89 cars.

kingoftooland

Reaction score
Sad to see those there like that. I have been looking for a drivers seat with the recline option for a while. I just need the frame because I can reuse my current cushion and upholstery. I wish I was closer to check these out! I believe the drivers side recline was only on the '89 cars.
Yea it had a nice light gray power cloth drivers side front seat the one in the first pic n I believe that was a 85

Duke5A

Reaction score
You should have let me know you were going out there - I'm always down for a Parts Galore run. PG rotates the cars out and crushes them on I think a six week cycle. Stuff pulled in there comes out of the city and doesn't sit long. That is why you can still find these cars in their yard typically. Detroit is full of abandoned cars.

Duke5A

Reaction score

If you want buckets you can grab a passenger side seat and bolt it to the driver's frame making adapter brackets out of two pieces of angle iron. Did this about seven years ago on my car. Turned out great. Only bad thing is the recline lever is on the right side of the seat, so if you're planning on a center console you might have to get creative.

Ele115

Reaction score
Detroit is really strange to me. Last few times I was there I saw very old cars on the roads as daily drivers. Very beat up, but they were driving them. A lot of '70's and 80's GM, Chrysler and Ford. Where I live, I see very mint collectible cars and million dollar cars, but they are not daily drivers. You won't see them in alleys or in front of a Dollar store on space saver tyres. They kept their cars alive somehow as they composted, and ours are more or less wine circuit cars. There is NOTHING in the junkyard older than 2009 here.

LSM360

Reaction score
I can remember one big yard in particular having several M body AHB's years ago, and I was in Heaven. I spent hours and hours there, and the desk jockey was really cool and would let me pick them apart.

MoparDan

Reaction score
I wish there were some M-bodies around here, the closest one only has an Aspen wagon not a u-pull it yard either and they want WAY too much money for the few things I could use from it...

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roller cam 318 with #302 heads. Let other Mopar's live a long and productive life. LOL

Back