Saying Hello

josh_mf

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've been browsing around the site for a while and thought I should finally take the time to introduce myself. I'm a new owner of a 1977 Plymouth Volare Premiere Wagon. I actually purchased it from Brian Kaplan, who is a member on here, when I was back in Wisconsin last. I've been driving the car pretty much daily back and forth to work and I've really been enjoying it. As someone who's pretty much only driven 1980s VWs, I have to say I'm really enjoying working on this car. Having space to work in the engine bay is excellent and everything I've done so far has been without complication. I'm also enjoying the fact that everyone seems to love this car. I guess people just long for the days of wood paneling on everything. Anyway, I've got a couple of tune-up/engine related questions, but I'll post those in the correct forum. I just thought I'd say hello.

lowbudget

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Is that the the green woody wagon? If so that's a sharp wagon.

josh_mf

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes and, yes, it is the green woody wagon. I'll post some new pictures of it up soon.

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
Josh, these cars are what I refer to "The cheap seats." That is not a dig at all, because when you go somewhere in them these days, they get a fair share of attention. It is that the usual 'buy-in' price is very reasonable for these cars and to own/maintain/modify (within reason) is also very decent. I get people asking me where I found my GF, telling me about past experiences with a GF or Dippy (usually cop related), and such.

Back