Seat swap

lowbudget

Reaction score
Has anyone put M Body front and rear seats into an F Body? Both are 4 doors. I'm at work just doing some pondering.
Thanks Mike

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
I think this is just a matter of a simple "bolt-in".

The only differences in floor pan exist between the 2 dr and 4 dr models AFAIK, so everything else should simply swap.

The bigger challenge I have found (in the past) was tossing a bucket seat into a bench seat car. In my case (if I remember correctly) that goal required me to drill a couple of mounting holes which already had the cutout in the pan (where the reinforcing plate is), but simply did not have the holes punched through.

lowbudget

Reaction score
Thanks I figured that I would have to drill the holes going from bench to split bench or buckets. Now I just need to decide if I want the full M body seats, which are in decent shape or grab a set of butterscotch plaid buckets out of an F body wagon. The buckets are already unbolted. It's going in my 77 Aspen which is my beater with a heater.

MoparDan

Reaction score
My Gran Fury came with the full bench seat, and I put the split bench seat from '87 Dip SE in and the holes were already cut, they just had some sort of plug covering them that popped right out

Back