selling one (abandoned) project to fund another

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I've thrown in the towel on my crossfire injected, hot rodded 406ci build attempt years ago. I was tossing around the idea of pulling the motor back out, sticking a carb on it and finding something else to put it in, but now that I've been looking at 390 mopar stroker kits, that's looking more, and more appealing, especially since I have a nice low key platform to plant it in already.

I reckon the block alone is worth $600 (later rare casting, freshly bored .030 over magnafluxed, sonic tested), if I sold it as a short block (hardened scat crank, forged conrods, and hypereutectic Kieth Black dished pistons, balanced) $1,000 is too cheap. With the XE268H comp cam, the aluminum heads (190cc runners, 64cc chambers, approx 10:1, 2.02ex, 1.60in), and the magnum pro comp titanium, 1.6 roller rockers, (all brand new, cam's just broken in), I don't think $2,500 (or more) is crazy, especially if I get it all freshly reassembled at the machine shop. I already talked to them and they said they'd do it for $400, which is well worth for resale value.

image.jpg

then there's the vette itself with parts worth well $$$$ it has the z51 suspension/steering components which are a couple of thousand (bargain for a grand), good carpet, leather seats, blue glass roof, southern rust free frame, 315 section tires (less than 1,000 miles on) on 3 piece wheels, $2,000-$2,500 as a parts or project seems reasonable.

I don't know, what do y'all think:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:?

I've sunk over $18,000+ (car included) into this pit and still don't see bottom, and am ready to be short of it...

image.jpg

Back