shake/shutter?

gearheadmike

Reaction score
my car shakes/shutters when slowing from any speed except 30-35mph the rotors/tires/pads are less then half a year old. idont know if its bearings/universals/tie rod ends or what? Any one have around same problem?

ramenth

Reaction score
You can check your wheel bearings easily enough. I'd be tempted to say that it's a rotor that's gotten warped from a pad that's sticking.

Last edited:

gearheadmike

Reaction score
what spindels or hubs inter change with this? i have the "fixed calipers" and i want to go to a slider type and im going to put new universals in it and then id it does ill put 2 new front rotors and repack the bearings at same time.

And i feel it through the whole car lol

ramenth

Reaction score
Is this the Diplomat from you welcome wagon post you're talking about? In that post you said you needed a left front caliper...

But yeah, I guess I'm guilty of assuming as the above obvious question should have been asked first.

Now a few more questions: is the shake under hard braking? Light braking? Or coast down (taking foot off of throttle?) You said you feel it in whole car, but, assuming it's under braking, is the pedal shuddering under your foot and the steering wheel shaking in your hand?

gearheadmike

Reaction score
not really i got pissed today and burnt out a few times and braked hard a few times too and i think that might of fugged up universal or rotors more cuz now at 45mph it shakes thats just driving and when i slow/stopping it shakes whole car/through seats/door panels/dorr windows and i can see my whole car its self shaking when slowing. so i think its either rotors or universals

Back