Shhhh. Couple of confessions/testamonials from the other guys:

greymouser7

Reaction score
I usually hangout and read the smallblock & political forums of FABO. I was trying to clean out my in box & saved these two gems

I noticed these two guys had F body rides (same as FMJ for this purpose) -from a place where THE A BODY IS BETTER!- meh. don't thinks so.

I asked them what they thought of their rides

80fbody:
Re: 1980 Roadrunner - 360/4 speed/4:10's
These cars ride so much better than my old a-bodies. I've had several of both styles. My 80 tracks great under power. Doesn't get squirely the darts/dusters do. Just the usual stuff. A good front end rebuild & alignment is key. On the rear, a built 8.25", I removed all the cushion stuff using 8 3/4" shock plates & made small aluminum pucks to locate the springs. I have 002,003 superstock springs & drag shocks. On the street it's a pogo stick. I'd do some HD springs & kyb type shocks next time around.

Stock brakes work good. They come with good sized front disks. I added a line loc for a little more street fun. I'd do frame connectors while you're there. Aluminum front k-frame bushings are a plus. You can also make some bumper brackets & toss the bumper shocks to save some weight.

Oh, getting the front end high enough to avoid crushing headers all while maintaining a good alignment is tough. Need a good shop for that. If you can swing some TTI's I'd certainly try those. Should make that a non-issue. Coating the underneath/frame with something like POR15 is a good idea as these cars didn't use the best steel. Seems to rust/flake easier than the earlier a-bodies.

Contact me anytime if I can help. Don't see many out there. It's a cool car, imo.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
jefflock:
Re: 1979 Dodge Aspen Super Coupe 360/Auto
Originally Posted by greymouser7
How did you like this car?

how di you like the way this car drove? handled?
Road noise? brakes/

I am building one from the ground up and would love to hear what improvements/things-to-avoid I should incorporate into my build.
thanks for your time and consideration
respectfully, XXX John XXXXXXX

Hey John,
It's one of those I should have kept. It was a great highway car and got lots of looks everywhere I went. I've kicked myself and kicked myself for selling it. As far as mods go I didn't do anything other than went with custom wheels and that turned out to be an mistake. They were Cragar Street Tricks and were out of round or something. Returned them and went back to the stock road wheels and added trim rings. It had the supposedly police 360 motor in it. Pretty sure I still have the window sticker for it also. Let me know if I can help you further. Jeff

(PS it's pouring out with lightning so no progress today)

greymouser7

Reaction score
You wouldn't believe the ego measuring that goes on, but it is almost 40K members,you are bound to get some hoodlums.

Here, I am the only hoodlum-it's great!

Back