shipping curved trim

slant6billy

Reaction score
I've got to ship some curve vinyl top trim. I guess the only way to describe it as a short hockey stick with an 18 inch blade that has a 22 inch shaft. Akward is the word. I took paper towel cardboard rolls and slid the trim pieces inside. I then want to use a hollow closet door cut down to shape of the package. My fear is the buyer is going to get a trashed delivery of trim and then there are ill feelings. Any ideas? Trying to keep the cost under 20 bucks for shipping.

5wndwcpe

Reaction score
Use 2'' pvc pipe and miter the corner to match the angle of the trim. Solvent weld the joint and tape it up well. The new owner can cut the pipe off.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Use 2'' pvc pipe and miter the corner to match the angle of the trim. Solvent weld the joint and tape it up well. The new owner can cut the pipe off.

Brilliant idea!
I'm thinking if the bend is long just use a bigger diameter pipe.
I'll remember this one.

5wndwcpe

Reaction score
you can probably use elbow pieces from plumbing store for the bend and cut straight pieces to size.

That's usually my default position, but it rarely works out that the available angles match your needs. Of course, if you oversize the pipe, it allows for more wiggle room.

slant6billy

Reaction score
OK, so I get to the office supply company that does FEDEX shipping- mind you the cuda heater AC box only cost me 14.90 to ship to Vermont. So the trim should be less than that since it is the same destination..... NOT! The PVC added like 7 to 8 pounds. I had pieces of 1 1/4 baseboard - made of foam and some particle wood. With the trim still wrapped in towel I used the trim and a wrapping. It was just a sturdy as the pvc and 1/2 the weight. It still cost 19 bucks to ship. It made no sense.

slant6billy

Reaction score
22 inches at the one direction and 30 inches in the other. Keep in mind, it was an "L" shaped package. So the 22 is the bottom and 30 is the vertical.

Back