Simple Laws of physics for dummies

slant6billy

Reaction score
Large vehicles have the right of way! If you must make a left in front of an oncoming vehicle (especially one with the word "RAM" on it), don't be surprised when your car gets bent in half and you get two traffic tickets: Failure to yield and Reckless driving. I believe that is what's called insult to injury.

Just my contribution to public service announcements.

slant6billy

Reaction score
OK, My bloodpressure has come back to normal. As I was approaching the onramp to 295, I put my right turn signal on (we have all been schooled in blinker useage). A car coming the other way and also going to get onto 295, darted (made a quik left) in front of my van (95 Ram shorty 3/4 ton) Now, this was during the steady rain as an added bonus. So the blessed mother of deceleration was with me as well the option of 4 wheel antilock brakes. I don't know how I did not knock that little mini van into the guardrail. I've had close calls with the van before; people agressively passing it and cutting it off because they believe it to be a 95 yearold man driving it. The wife has had people mouth off about its size in parking lots. Again, it is a 109 inch wheelbase. So people have much disrespect for the van- I get that. Hell, I couple of young dudes in an loud 8 inch exhaust 4 banger passed me in the van (while I was pulling a open car trailer with a car on it). They did that as a red light was upon the both off us. Hench, I almost could not stop in time an would have pushed the little bastards into the intersection. Luckily the shoulder was big and wide- thus is where I end up (that time). Now, my wife and I have our young kids with us at times in the van, so people aren't just cutting off some big ugly van. As for the mini van, I usually am traveling that same route daily and possible will get cut off again by the same A-hole. I could not get my camera quik enough to get his plate, but I suspect he (or her) is a habitual bad driver.

slant6billy

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 70's chrysler Newport. It has rust bad in the body and some really hard dings and dents. However, it was a lower than average car in the mileage and saw the dealer yearly for maintenance. This is a sound car. Not to mention- bigblock equiped. It will shred tires with ease. I've been with him when some impatient person dosent want to be behind this mopar. Now, he is not a slow driver nor does this bigblock hold back- Cruises at 80 mph all day. Folks have swerved in front of him (called a swoop) and turned infront as well, only to find that big mopar iron tends to hurt when it meets you on the pavement. I'd have to say he has had about a dozen to 15 or 18 accidents in the last 10 years with anything from little imports to SUVs and trucks. He has never been judged at fault in any accident. Almost each one has left the other guy totaled. He has driven home afterwards each one except 2 when the radiator had been cracked. So I ask, Are people lacking basic laws of physics, good sense, reality or what? I'll see if I can dig up the pics of my budy's newport- pre accidents ofcourse.

YY1

Reaction score
The other day, I was driving my newly acquired 73 Satellite on a shake down run.
A guy in a full size older chevy van sped up through a yeild sign and cut me off.
I honked as he started to speed up to call attention to the fact that he didn't have enough room/time.
Instead of yeilding, he chose to flip me off and drive 15 MPH in front of me, after I just about slammed on my brakes (in a very unfamilliar old car).
When we got to the next intersection, also a yield for anyone turning left, he again sped up and turned left in front of oncoming traffic, cutting them off worse than he did me.
My consolation was the realization that natural selection IS going to get that guy, probably sooner than later.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Determined to screw up

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8718348

Even more scary: this dude has had 6 DUIs since April 2012. He and folks like him are determined to kill someone. Could be why folks fail to yield or just plain bad driving. With the luck I have, I'll get the final paint on the F body and some repeat loser will take me out. Ya can't cure stupid.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Nope. You definitely can't cure stupid.
I've had two Toyota's find out just how heavy my 5th is.
Not pretty and neither one my fault.
I go up north every weekend and you can't count the number of idiotic moves I see on the highway.

Natural selection should eventually even things out.

Back