Slant Six Blue Paint Code?

josh_mf

Reaction score
Hey, quick question here. I'd like to clean up my engine bay on a 1977 Super Six and the valve cover needs a new coat of the blue paint. Does anyone know the code or a close alternative that would match the original blue?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hey, quick question here. I'd like to clean up my engine bay on a 1977 Super Six and the valve cover needs a new coat of the blue paint. Does anyone know the code or a close alternative that would match the original blue?

Mopar Performance Engine Enamel
P 4349217

Last edited:

Erics5th

Reaction score
Duplicolor works well too. Its the Chrysler Corporate Blue...works good. If you want to change it up some, paint the valve cover black wrinkle finish. I did that to the slant in my '72 Satellite. Looks good with the blue paint. :glasses10:

qurtuba

Reaction score
Speaking of painting...what would be the best way to paint a block, heads, manifold, and valve covers. Is it just simply cleaning them up and spraying them with paint from the spray can?

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Well yes and thats the way most ppl do it, BUT 2 - 3 years later you will NOT be happy with the end result... the better the foundation the better the paint will STAY on. Prep (clean) the parts very thoroughly, let parts dry, do it AGAIN, let dry, And ONE more time do it again, let dry. Then PRIME the bare metal with a good epoxy etching (think 2K) primer,(can be bought in a spray can also) first a lighter coat let flash and coat 2 a medium coat, let dry then apply paint, as many coats as it takes to get good coverage and to YOUR liking....

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm assuming everyone already knows, but you know what they say..
Never assume.
High heat engine paint only.
Get the highest temp you can get for the exhaust manifold,
Or else it'll be cooked off in a week (or less).

lowbudget

Reaction score
I tried Eastwood ceramic engine paint. Very pretty paint, but the wrong color. It was like a cross between the correct blue and the old turqoise blue. I called and told them it was wrong and asked if they could make sure it was right that I'd purchase another quart. (It was pretty paint). They couldn't do it so I got a refund and ordered Bill Hirsch engine paint. It wasn't quite as shiney but still nice paint.

I used a touch up gun to shoot it. It worked out really nice

Remember you get what you pay for. Also most primers won't take the heat. http://www.hirschauto.com/engine.pdf

I've read good things about POR engine painting kit also.

Back