Slow Wood new home new look

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Got to spend the whole evening with Bill and also Mark Monday! Had a good meal together and some 11% beer too! Visited with Kitcar Chris yesterday too before coming home to throw a new look at the wagon! I'm thinking fresh woodgrain Contact Paper, tint the windows and call it done. What do you think?

2015-12-30 14.46.16.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
That's just some of it.
So my van is tits up right now. I'm blasting in the SS/T
Rattle trap tailgating me.jpg

We rendezvous at the hotel parking lot around 5. The car is hiding down at my budy's garage some 20 minutes south. Rattletrap is tailing me to scoop it up. My budy's 40 by 40 building has no exterior lights so a pain but I only found out Monday. We get back to the hotel after getting all strapped in. There is a Pizza Uno next door, so we go to get that liquid bread. 11:45 creeps up fast and Rattletrap looks at his beer
(his second refill of some kind of 11% ABV) and there is a fruit fly doing the backstroke. Waitress turns embrassed and gets the manager who brings Rattletrap another 11% Alcohol by volume lagers on the house. So the plan is for next time: I'm bringing a bag of fruit flies and when we are all near empty, I drop flies in everyone's drink and we get the last round for free...... Who's in? We could hit a different bar in Carlisle every night with that one.

Mr C

Reaction score
New woodgrain, will really improve the looks for sure. Almost as much as losing the 20's or whatever those gangsta wheels are.

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
I knew from the start that I'd catch flack for mounting those wheels! Let's put it in more understandable terms. They're already 4yrs old. They have 1,000 miles on them but looked terrible on the 2dr coupe I removed them from. I've had them on CL 5 times and nobody will give me half what the tires alone cost, and they could recycle the aluminum rims for some cash back. One way or another I'm getting some use out of this tread before they're too old. I think if the nose were lowered over them a little, they wouldn't look half bad on Slow Wood here.

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Haha! The fruit fly in the beer was a good one! Excuse me miss, my lil buddy here needs another beer. He drank this one already...
Had a Great time visiting with Bill and Mark! Highly recommend if you're ever in the Philly area to look him up!

slant6billy

Reaction score
I knew from the start that I'd catch flack for mounting those wheels! Let's put it in more understandable terms. They're already 4yrs old. They have 1,000 miles on them but looked terrible on the 2dr coupe I removed them from. I've had them on CL 5 times and nobody will give me half what the tires alone cost, and they could recycle the aluminum rims for some cash back. One way or another I'm getting some use out of this tread before they're too old. I think if the nose were lowered over them a little, they wouldn't look half bad on Slow Wood here.
Yep, I was thinking the front going low when I was looking to put the baby moons on it. Still a classy wagon. Showed my wife the picture of it with the bling wheels. I might not get any bedroom action for a while. Hence, why she got the new Honda yesterday. While we were at the dealership, She asked how many other hidden cars I have. I told her none, but she did not believe me. I swear that woman is just outto suck the life out of me, by making me get rid of my mopars. Here are just 2 of the mopars she has made me lose. The Van went yesterday. She is lucky she is hot - that will help with my depression of losing mopars
jeep 1.jpg
van on a good day.jpg

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Love that van. Cherokee looks cool on those wheels too! But something seems odd here. SHE gets a Honda to replace what was Yours? Man, I was pushing a Challenger Redline at my wife when she decided she wanted to join in playing with old Mopars and got her 77 RR T-top! She loves running around in that thing! When I'm following her in another car I see the envious looks other women shoot at her as she goes past too!

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Mama still isn't into Slow Wood. She's been keeping me from getting a wagon for years. I show her the price tags on them @ Carlisle every year trying to soften her up for when I found a deal and still no love. Coming along and helping load it was more a resignation that it was finally guna happen with or without her. Ignored it on the trailer all day. Ignored my working on the electrical to get it back off and only came out to say she was going to lunch with the girls. Man, we got lucky it even started to load it! I couldn't even figure out how to access the ground cable to engine mount! Somewhere down under and behind the power steering pump and I'm still not sure how that air pump moves out of the way except that the corrosion on the bolts looks like maybe it doesn't. I just ran a new cable to the block and then had to play with the positive having corrosion from sparking due to intermittent grounding issue. When she finally came home from running her mouth about her ahole husband and his new station wagon I had to ask her to come out and help. More attitude. She's like a teenager the way she just rolls her eyes. All she said when she got to my garage side of the yard was, "You're finally going to get some use out of those stupid Volare wheels, huh? What do you need help with?" I asked her to reach thru the window and twist the key. It fired right up and purred quietly! She tried to hide her look of approval as she asked, "Is that it then?" Came over and gave me a kiss and went back in the house without another word about her lunch or anything...

slant6billy

Reaction score
Mama still isn't into Slow Wood. She's been keeping me from getting a wagon for years. I show her the price tags on them @ Carlisle every year trying to soften her up for when I found a deal and still no love. Coming along and helping load it was more a resignation that it was finally guna happen with or without her. Ignored it on the trailer all day. Ignored my working on the electrical to get it back off and only came out to say she was going to lunch with the girls. Man, we got lucky it even started to load it! I couldn't even figure out how to access the ground cable to engine mount! Somewhere down under and behind the power steering pump and I'm still not sure how that air pump moves out of the way except that the corrosion on the bolts looks like maybe it doesn't. I just ran a new cable to the block and then had to play with the positive having corrosion from sparking due to intermittent grounding issue. When she finally came home from running her mouth about her ahole husband and his new station wagon I had to ask her to come out and help. More attitude. She's like a teenager the way she just rolls her eyes. All she said when she got to my garage side of the yard was, "You're finally going to get some use out of those stupid Volare wheels, huh? What do you need help with?" I asked her to reach thru the window and twist the key. It fired right up and purred quietly! She tried to hide her look of approval as she asked, "Is that it then?" Came over and gave me a kiss and went back in the house without another word about her lunch or anything...
That is a Keep Her! I could not get my wife to ride shotgun in order to trailer home anything. So You got a keeper. I still can't get my wife to go to some tame family oriented carshows. My budy advised me to let the wife have hers and then come spring go for some raucous mopar for me

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
I honestly dislike bringing the wife across the mountains with a load on the trailer. There's always a knot in my stomach and muscle aches from stress. I especially hate from mp 180 - 140 coming back on 76, but I didn't want to risk the elevations on 80 with possible winter weather at the northern route. I've been through there on solid ice dragging a trailer and dislike seeing the rollovers as we pass even more than paying for tunnels and vertigo as I watch the thermometer in the steep and shaded curves. But I finally got my wagon and she was stuck being a part of it no matter how many times she rolled her eyes while explaining to someone else why we were going to New Jersey after she brought it up. My daughter finally came to my rescue and repeatedly threatened that she would turn off mom's alarm clock and take her place in the passenger seat if she was guna be like that! That's my girl!!!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Love that van. Cherokee looks cool on those wheels too! But something seems odd here. SHE gets a Honda to replace what was Yours? Man, I was pushing a Challenger Redline at my wife when she decided she wanted to join in playing with old Mopars and got her 77 RR T-top! She loves running around in that thing! When I'm following her in another car I see the envious looks other women shoot at her as she goes past too!

My wife was never into the Mopars.....
Till I got her the 80 Volare. :D

Back