Snowflake Wheels

My imp

Reaction score
Does, or will anyone produce the stock snowflakes in a 17" to 20" wheel for a reasonable price? I would like to do this to get more rubber, better handling from a wider, lower profile tire. Thank you, Larry

Darter6

Reaction score
Check with Year One.They have a wheel called snowflake. Don't know if they make them in 4 1/2 '' bolt pattern.Maybe...

efriedrich

Reaction score
I dont think so, lots of cool wheels available in that size though.

My imp

Reaction score
I checked, I want an exact copy to keep the sleeper thing going. Three are tons of sporty wheels, but few elegant wheels. I'm not into the Dayton's on an Imp. I don't care for the rubber band look either. I'd like 17"frt. 18"rear, or 18" & 19" for a little old school rake. Wish in one hand & ......... Thanks, Larry

My imp

Reaction score
No, I want to duplicate the exact Imperial wheel, but in a larger size. Some of the stuff the guy from American Chopper used to turn out was off the chain, this should be child's play cfor him. I just thought of his name, I believe, (Rowe) was his name. Thanks

slant6billy

Reaction score
I had my rant on ugly wheels a while back. Sometimes factory actually did it right with the body lines matched to the type of wheel. Perfect example is the 1978 supercoupe/ kitcar wheel. I remember seeing really cool wheels in the 1970s. Wheels went "Black tie" in the mid 80s. Face it, 95% of the wheels today are not meant for a rear wheel drive classic car from the late 70s or 80s. I former neighbor of mine once took 14 inch mopar ralleys and used a cutoff/ grinder wheel to take the center out of the barrel. He did the same with a junkyard rusted set of 15X4 inch cragers. Inthe end he put the ralley centers into the 15X4 barrel and got 15X4 mopar ralleys. There are rim shops that do this and other types of rim narrowing/ widening and custom. Easy with steel.However, I recently saw a 69 charger with a set of western wheels. Neat thing was these were 17 by 13 on the back and 17 by 7 "Dukes of Hazard" wheels. The guy told me briefly, a rim shop (Viking wheel I think) turned the 14inch rims on a jig while taking the bead lip off. He then said the fronts were an Acura factory rim. They knocked the acura center out and slid the western rim (w/ bead cut down) down into the barrel. He had to fill the extra valvestem hole, but that was how he got his fronts. The backs were aftermarket corvette rims (money), but after cutting the center out on the jig with a plasma cutter, the western rim with the bead cut down was slid into that big barrel. Thus he got the pic his offset to get it just under the 1/4 panel lip. My budy has pics on his phone- I did not have a camera or phone with me at the time. My point if you don't get where I'm going, is maybe get a set of snowflakes that are curbed up bad and get them cut down for some insertion into a larger barrel. Might be a grand or 2. I'm cutting down a set of my SS/T wheels for my 97 ram to get some front skinnys. If I get a 17 by 11 vette wheel, I'll get a rim shop to transplant my SS/T center into bigger barrels for the back. I'm just a sick individual for big tires sitting on factory mags.

My imp

Reaction score
Ahhh Grasshopper, now I see! I am talking about diameter, not width. BTW, checked Rowe's web site, they only do bike wheels. PJD's probably looking for work now. lol. If I can find & sit through an episode of West Coast Customs, they used someone. I did a search & came up with a bunch of Asian Rim companies that make wheels. Some pretty cool ones too! Only thing is I need to find 125 friends (500 min. order) who really like them too! Hey, I'll give you a deal, the unit cost is between $30-$100 depending on the wheel! It would seem such an easy program, load photo into CAM, increase from 15" to 18", cut, weld, buff, seal, & ship. But somehow I don't think they'd see it that way. Of course Ma Mopar & her lawyers hot in tow with cease & desist lawsuits in their grubby hands won't be far behind! Patent infringement and all!

Back