WANTED Space saver spare 82-89 5th ave

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickwillie

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a spacer saver spare tire 82-89 Chrysler 5th Ave, some New Yorkers and I believe 79-81 Cordoba. Picture of what I’m looking for.

IMG_9389.jpeg

Duke5A

Reaction score
You're probably too far, but I have one. Never been mounted. You could have it for free. I'm in southeast Michigan.

marty mopar

Reaction score
#4284435 COMPACT SPARE WHEEL/TIRE 15X4 5 STUD same as 4472845 1986-96

have one 50.00 plus shipping

MoparDan

Reaction score
I don't know if it's still there but the Moyes Fifth Avenue has (or had) that space saver tire and it looked brand new and never used. Moyes Auto Parts Holly Hill Florida

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Not to cast aspersions on anything, but I would like to ask if temporary/space saver spare tires are subject to rubber aging/ozone damage the same way regular tires are? If so, where does one by a new tire (the rubber part only) to replace the aged tires? Or am I overthinking this in some way? I know that the space saver/temporary tires don't see the UV exposure that regular tires do considering they are hidden away the vast majority of the time, but they still get some exposure to ground level ozone, considering that any factory original F/M/J body factory original temporary/space saver spare tire is now coming up to 40 years of age, it may be a consideration.

My J bodies (one Cordoba, one Mirada CMX) both have the regular sized spares. Those spares take up a lot of room in the trunk, and are also right in the middle of the trunk, right up front, just behind the passenger seats, at an angle. I would like to use that space for a sub woofer box, and would like to come up with a different solution. My initial thought was to get a temporary/space saver spare, and secure it into one of the "wells" that they J bodies have on either side of the trunk, along with the jack and jack handle/tire iron. If there are temporary spares available with the right bolt pattern, I think any temporary/space saver will do, even modern ones, as they are so skinny that offsets don't make much of a difference. The alternative to that is a bottle of tire "Goop" and a small air compressor, which may not be a solution depending on how damaged the regular tire is.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I said as much in the PM. OP said he was going to put new rubber on it.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It probably lasts longer then normal since it's in the trunk and out of the sun. But 34+ years in unknown condition is pushing it.
I've always used full size spares but never needed the extra trunk space.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The spare from Chysler minivans will work through 2006 (maybe later). Also Crown Vic and Town Car to the mid 2000's (old chassis/suspension). Some had alloy wheels, nice and light. Bad part about the minivans is, it's stored underneath below the front floor pan, which equals rust in salt states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back