Squirrel cage part #

MBDale

Reaction score
Does anyone have a squirrel cage part number? Either Everco,4Seasons or something like that? For a 1979 dodge Aspen RT, non AC. Thanks.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I can’t comment about aftermarket supplied part numbers.

I did look up the OE part number for a non-A/C car blower motor fan blade and it is
2277597 ASSY HTR BLWR $22.00 (price last updated May 2009) – which was superseded to:
2837679 HTR BLOWER $20.00 (current price – but not 100% certain it’s still available)

If you Google: 2277597 or 2837679, blower or Dodge or NOS and you should find quite a few hits.
It appears this same fan blade was used ‘60’s to ‘80’s and maybe longer.
EBay did have an aftermarket version listed for Dodge part # 2277597.

BudW

MBDale

Reaction score
Thanks BudW. I'm going to get one soon and then figure out how to get the rest of the dash together. The problem is that the car sat outside since 1996 after being bought in a Autopac auction. The mice got everywhere, I found dead ones stuck up behind the dash and etc everywhere. The squirrel cage is warped. The deeper I got into taking the interior the more I realize that I wasn't about to leave some things alone. I took apart everything in the dash and bathed it all in a Lysol mix to disinfect it all.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
A good idea.

All of the air that goes through the heater, goes through that case and a hang-on air freshener can only do so much.

I will be replacing the heater core on my no-A/C Volare soon. If if will help you, I plan on taking plenty of pictures.
That car is as complete as any is out there.

BudW

MBDale

Reaction score
I had a problem finding a new one and he new one that I ordered online was wrong. Ended up taking the old one to a rad shop and having it flushed and pressure checked. I'll post pictures when I get home in a few days.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
If the core dimensions are the same, you can take new and old core to radiator shop and they will transfer tanks/lines for you.

Back