Stabil

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Whats in it that stabilizes your fuel for storage ,and then if it does why or why not use it yr round if you drive your vehicle less that 500. K a yr :tongue3:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the active ingredient(s) is (are) in it but this is my personal guideline.....if you're using anything with ethanol then it's a good idea to use stabil and yes....if the car is sitting for long periods in between driving I'd definitely be using it on a regular basis.

A small bottle of Lucas fuel treatment every few tankfuls also ain't a bad idea.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Lucas is great stuff ,so you thing even in the summer if its weeks between drives type thing use it? Like i may go thought 2 tanks a summer blue dont go out much ,,well as of yet im still not 100 percent on her reliability ,,so im baby stepping it since i re done the whole motor pretty much

Mr C

Reaction score
I swear by fuel stabilizer. I use it in all of my old cars during their winter storage. I have no idea what's in it- but it works.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
I use in winter as well but my thoughts are whats the diff between winter and summer ? If a car isnt being driven much wouldn't it make sense to use all the time ? Or could it possibly be harmful ??

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I swear by fuel stabilizer. I use it in all of my old cars during their winter storage. I have no idea what's in it- but it works.

Agreed...I use it in all my cars. A small bottle every three tankfuls.
The engines purr like kittens. It's an upper engine lubricant and supposedly conditions the gas......read evens it out from all the garbage they add.

I use in winter as well but my thoughts are whats the diff between winter and summer ? If a car isnt being driven much wouldn't it make sense to use all the time ? Or could it possibly be harmful ??

Yes...summer or winter...if it's sitting then no difference.
Keep in mind that I've been told by a few very knowledgeable engine guys that it's not as necessary if you run ethanol free. It takes way longer for that stuff to go funky. I only run ethanol free. But if you're not then I would say yes.....use it year round.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Between the crap in the gas that rots the fuel system and crap on the streets (ice melt) that rots the under side of cars, it is almost a conspiracy to destroy cars. Definite on the marine type of stabil that prevent tank corrosion. My neighbor puts diesel additive in his offroad stuff. I don't know if I trust nor recommend that.

tim berry

Reaction score
Every engine in my house gets it because of a 2 cycle failure I had a couple of yrs ago it started with fuel lines then the fun began ultimately I had to replace most of my equipment it would not run right after and my chainsaw burned up because it leaned out also mystery oil in the car before it gets put up for the winter

Back