still no electric power

compubert

Reaction score
Simple solution is drink the beer/milk/etc b4 it gets warm! ;-)

slant6billy

Reaction score
Since tuesday, so 48 hrs. Lost sanity, if i had any 2 lose. Fridge was almost empty anyway and kids are eating/ helpn empty it. I am on micro grid, so my 3 street development is out. Google mantua nj storm from tues. I neversaw stuff like this in 43 years

slant6billy

Reaction score
I don't have damage, but a lot of debris. There is a 20 foot limb from a tree hanging over my big trailer. roadrunninmark's roadrunner is safe in the other trailer. My van had an amazing time. I was driving home from work when the storm hit. I was 2 miles from my house. The van picked upon 2 wheels, trees coming down on cars in front of me. I had to double back 3 times. There are still massive lines down and sagging. Trees are split in half everywhere you look. The storm was 20 minutes at best, but kicked harder than anything I ever saw. Traffic lights are out and the civil unrest is starting to get really bad. FOLKs are driving without regard to other drivers, blocking intersections, not yielding, gridlocking, just no good sense behind the wheel.

compubert

Reaction score
I don't have damage, but a lot of debris. There is a 20 foot limb from a tree hanging over my big trailer. roadrunninmark's roadrunner is safe in the other trailer. My van had an amazing time. I was driving home from work when the storm hit. I was 2 miles from my house. The van picked upon 2 wheels, trees coming down on cars in front of me. I had to double back 3 times. There are still massive lines down and sagging. Trees are split in half everywhere you look. The storm was 20 minutes at best, but kicked harder than anything I ever saw. Traffic lights are out and the civil unrest is starting to get really bad. FOLKs are driving without regard to other drivers, blocking intersections, not yielding, gridlocking, just no good sense behind the wheel.
Unfortunately here in FLA, we get that stuff every time a hurricane comes through. Days or even weeks no power, coffee on the Coleman cook-stove and small meals so no leftovers. Generator to power small stuff - fridge fans and whatnot. You cant get used to it but you can make it tolerable. . . Sorry you are w/o power man...

slant6billy

Reaction score
Damage and infrastructure are the big problem. Still have a good number of folks without power and severe damage. The biggest problem is bureaucratic red tape. A lot of can't and won't due to the governor NOT declaring it a disaster area. All he had to do is just do like he did with the no snow state closure declaration and a little bit of what he did with Hurricane Sandy in 2012. The utility is waiting on funds to fix power lines and other public stuff. It is very apparent none of his cronies are in my county. I always cut back my trees in every December, so I fared well. My neighbors- not so lucky. I've been busy showing my neighbors how to rip through trees and the art of chainsawing. I've managed to kill 4 chainsaws since 2004, but I'm the same special kind of idiot that killed 2 slant sixes.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I heard about your "large" governor getting beat up on for his non response.
No offense intended but,,,,,,,,,,,,,I hear a LOT of NJ jokes around here. Like, NJ government doesn't think it's citizens are smart enough to pump their own gas,,,,Let's close lanes on a heavily traveled bridge for absolutely no reason, etc.......OK, I guess they aren't really jokes in the technical sense but you get the drift. Not that WI is perfect by any means but before the storm is even over Wisconsin Public Service (who supplies our electricity and natural gas) has crews swarming. They do a pretty darn good job if you ask me in conditions most people wouldn't be caught dead in. Well, most people would end up dead if they were out in conditions like when those well trained men and women are out there.

So,,,,,,,do you have power yet?

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
I heard about your "large" governor getting beat up on for his non response.
No offense intended but,,,,,,,,,,,,,I hear a LOT of NJ jokes around here. Like, NJ government doesn't think it's citizens are smart enough to pump their own gas,,,,Let's close lanes on a heavily traveled bridge for absolutely no reason, etc.......OK, I guess they aren't really jokes in the technical sense but you get the drift. Not that WI is perfect by any means but before the storm is even over Wisconsin Public Service (who supplies our electricity and natural gas) has crews swarming. They do a pretty darn good job if you ask me in conditions most people wouldn't be caught dead in. Well, most people would end up dead if they were out in conditions like when those well trained men and women are out there.

So,,,,,,,do you have power yet?

Yep, had power since late Thursday / Friday Morning, but folks are still out, roads still blocked by devastation. Every joke you heard is true about New Jersey. There is this internal joke told that never made sense. It goes like " O, you are from New Jersey too, What exit?" I heard it in college 25 years ago. My response was, " I'm from the part of the state, that is smart enough not to have to use toll roads. It really pisses off the folks right outside New York City. We may get a reprieve on pumping gas. Right now, Diesel vehicle owners can pump their own fuel. The gas should be next, but the old excuse still lingers : Lawsuit from stupid people mistakes. We have a sue happy state and a My screw up is someone else's fault so I can sue them. For years the gasoline retailers avoided lawsuits by not allowing the idiot drive access to pump their own gas, thus keeping the insurance bearable. IDIOTIC to say the least.

Back