Subtle but annoying changes in forum

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I've noticed over the past few days that the heading "Recent Posts" is often, but not always, missing from the header of the "Forums" page. Also, that the titles seem to be in a brownish color rather than black. I don't really care much about the color other than if deliberate, it seems unnecessary. But the missing option for "Recent Posts" is really annoying. Is this something that was changed on the site, or is this my computer having fits? The site also seems to be slowed down too. I don't notice this anywhere else I travel on the net. Anyone else notice this?

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Klick on new then they show up. The thing I don't like about this new way is you have to wade through all the for sale posts to get to what you want to read. So you need to mark everything as already read to get to the recent posts. ?????
I don't know how this is an improvment.

Last edited:

volare 77

Reaction score
I just noticed when I`m not logged in the recent posts shows up. When I log in it disappears.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Our forum software was recently updated. In most cases the newer software includes new options and capability’s (mainly for security). After a software update, the big thing is to make sure everything (and everyone) is working correctly and not so much about how some of the options are set to.

I agree, the gray vs. black is not an option I would have selected. Our forum owner, Joeychgo, has to keep up with all the For_BodiesOnly.com forum boards, so please be patient as he/we get some settings worked out.
BudW

Justwondering

Reaction score
And I was gonna be all over adding my comments about subtle but annoying til I realized you weren't talking about...

1. missing members
2. Gator hardly every showing us any eye candy
3. Aspen500 never taking his car out cause he's scared of liquid salt peter
4. BudW has made no comments or pictures at all about Oklahoma getting washed down stream, the tale of the batfish?, or anything related to surviving the drenching
5. DarthCar still hasn't surfaced at a car show and told us about it
6. I still don't have the backhoe running but haven't told you why

But after reading everyone's comments, I guess I'll just not comment on subtle but annoying other than to say '''' Joey .. I miss Recent Posts after you login ..""""

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
After clicking "New Posts", I see "Recent Posts" next to the "Mark Forums Read" (or something to that effect) on the upper right, just above the first thread.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I still don't have the backhoe running but haven't told you why
I do admire that you keep plugging away on it without losing your cool (at least I'm assuming that - the backhoe might be covered in repeated sludge hammer blows at this point too :mad:). What you are experiencing with the backhoe is why I never got too far into mechanics. Even though my father was for years an excellent Chevrolet and Buick mechanic, and later a model-maker machinist, I tend to lose my patience with the annoying gremlins and detours in bigger mechanical projects. I am fine with changing out starters, rebuilding brakes, exhaust systems, etc., but have never done engine internals other than replaced a few burnt valves. I'm much more skilled with woodworking and home renovation. When things get too far into the weeds mechanically, I am lucky to have a very skilled 84 year old mechanic neighbor who always knows how to fix it. :)

Back