Success dammit

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
In National judged events for Survivor cars there are four areas of judging, Exterior, Interior, Underhood and Chassis. The standard is 50% unrestored in each area. This recognizes that repairs and mainatneace has to be done over time. Now, your car is 100% unrestored in the three of the categories, Interior, Underhood and Chassis. In terms of having a repaint we know that there was a left front fender bender so the owner probably opted for the repaint to ensure a proper match plus based on it's use it most likely had a lot of garage rash. You are forgetting that the car has a mint vinyl roof and all exterior glass is intact as the factory installed it. I may be splitting hairs but that seems like 50% unrestored to me for the exterior. Overall in a judged event the car would qualify as a Survivor.

Ok... The debate continues. I flew in an email to Rick Ehrenberg at Mopar Action and according to him, if it's had a repaint, survivor status is out the window. I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Mopar Envy

Reaction score
It's all BS made up by people with nothing better to do anyway. Did you tell Mr. Ehrenberg it has an original vinyl roof ?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
no I told him it was a 1 owner original car 61,000 kilometers on the clock. it doesn't really matter anyway everybody has their own opinion of it I'm just gonna keep it red for now okay frank?

Mopar Envy

Reaction score
no I told him it was a 1 owner original car 61,000 kilometers on the clock. it doesn't really matter anyway everybody has their own opinion of it I'm just gonna keep it red for now okay frank?

Thats OK. I knew the numbers matching crowd was....... well, tough and now we have the Survivor standards to contend with :violent1:

Jonno

Reaction score
If you guys went for a couple of Black Label instead of Ex that would calm things right down. As long as old blue eyes doesn't get red eyed.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thats OK. I knew the numbers matching crowd was....... well, tough and now we have the Survivor standards to contend with :violent1:

Well according to the rules, if it's had a full repaint (which it has), that disqualifies the exterior and by the time all the hoses (and possibly alternator) get replaced that pretty much disqualifies the engine compartment. So I guess it's sort of a moot point.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
all original bone stock sucks...mod the HELL outta it

I actually love "bone stock" hell I love almost all of them (F,M,J's). No matter what you do to them. My Caravelle is "bone stock-ish". Repaint, but numbers matching Super Six. The Dippy might have to have a flat black Tremclad accident.J

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
731E0AD6-orig.jpg
B8AE870E-orig.jpg
0409111605-00.jpg

BFABC78B-orig.jpg
27E26BA5-orig.jpg
1A03DB24-orig.jpg

Thanks again bremer!

Back