summit carburetor

HectorVenezula

Reaction score
I have a 87 fifth avenue with a edelbrock performer intake and the stock accelerator cable kick down cable and cruise cable. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on hooking up all the cables on to the summit carb which is pretty much a Holley prior to this I already had done the lean burn conversion and I still have all the original pieces off the 2 barrel.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
You didn’t mention what kind of carburetor is going back onto the Edelbrock Performer intake manifold?
If a 4 bbl carburetor, then you have a small problem. The primary throttle blade (front 2 bbls) are father forward and father outside of what the 2 bbl carburetor was.

You can get an aftermarket 4-bbl throttle cable still (it is about 1-2 inches longer).
The cruise cable will fit without problems – as long as the carburetor is either set up as Mopar – or you have the Mopar bracket bolted to carburetor.
IF you can get original cable to fit, it won’t stay good for long, for normal engine movement will cause problems! If cable doesn’t break first, then having your throttle stuck wide open IS NOT WORTH THE RISK!

The transmission kickdown linkage is a different story.
If you can find a 318, 340 or 360 4-bbl kickdown linkage assembly (all pieces are different between 2 and 4-bbl) then you are set.
Otherwise, I might recommend getting an aftermarket kickdown cable setup (Lokar, or similar) to use.

Be sure to take a few pictures of how throttle, cruise and kickdown linkages are set up, before taking them apart.
Also be sure to check what vacuum hose/line goes where (labels are good) – for different carburetors will not have ports at same locations.

BudW

brotherGood

Reaction score
I've got it..it's pretty basic to set up. You do need the mopar adapter. The manual has simple instructions for hooking everything it up..also comes with a disc

brotherGood

Reaction score
I'm running the factory linkage. However, if you're going from 2bbl to 4bbl, you'll need different stuff anyway. I already had a 4bbl, so I didn't need to worry about it

HectorVenezula

Reaction score
I bought the longer diplomat cop car throttle cable but it seems just a bit to short still and it seems crooked do I need a longer cable from a different car

brotherGood

Reaction score
20160817_080921_zpswzxuq3cz.jpg

brotherGood

Reaction score
Yeah, the servo quit working and I don't really have any plans for keeping it anyway. But it would just hook up like normal

Back