super coupe offset

mike2

Reaction score
Hi everyone , does anybody know offset or backspace of super coupe wheels ? i have read of negative offset but haven't found specs on that . trying to create the super coupe look with the biggest tires all the way around . Thanks

mike2

Reaction score
thanks 7t8 , is that a back space measurement? I have seen Allpar lists special 15x8 rims with negative offset for super coupes and kit cars. I have 15x8 rims with 4 1/2 backspace. trying to narrow down what original setup is

mike2

Reaction score
I believe offset should be measured in mm weather it is negative or positive, backspace is measured in inches
offset is measurement of mounting flange distance from centerline of rim, 0 offset flange is centered in rim , backspace is distance of mounting flange to outside edge of rim. My rims are 15x8 0 offset 4 1/2 backspace. they mount ok and don't hit but I don't have tires on . saw 255/60/15 on supercoupe just wanted to see what offset/backspace they are . Thanks

volare 77

Reaction score
If you look at the link it appears someone is saying the backspace is 3 1/2. Which makes more sense. I believe most mopar 15 x 8 wheels are around 4 1/2 backspacing. I`m not up on the Super coupe but are the wheel wells cut out larger like the 43 car allowing for a wider rim to stick outwards?

mike2

Reaction score
Thanks 77 , i saw that article from mopar fan didn't see the reference to the 3 1/2 before but saw this time. still not a definite because 8" rims usually measure 9" or almost 9" his tape looks like 4 3/8 or 4 1/2 max

Back