Super Coupe Vs Police Wheel Question...

Lighthorseman

Reaction score
Hello all!

While I no longer have my '79 Aspen R/T, I currently have a '70 Road Runner. I'm posting here because I'm guessing you guys will have more info than B-body focused folks.

I really love the look of the Super Coupe wheels and would like to put a set on my Road Runner. Obviously, SC wheels are getting harder and harder to find these days. That has me looking at these Police wheels from Coker - formerly Specialty Tires.

They look to be the same as Super Coupe wheels, and would be close enough to make me happy. Here's my next question, though. What about trim rings and centre caps? I've heard tell - and it looks to me - that a Super Coupe centre cap is the same as a type of Rallye wheel centre cap. Then there's the issue of trim rings. Will a Police wheel accept them? Would most any 15 inch trim ring be compatible?

Has anyone either tried this wheel setup, or have enough info to let me know if it'll all come together?

Thanks in advance!

Coker Chrysler Police 15 by 8.jpg

Rallye Centre Cap.jpg

SuperCoupe_Rims_with_Centers.jpg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
The police wheels were designed to take a dog dish style poverty cap. I don't know if a center cap will drop inside the poverty cap ring. If you have the dimensions I can check on my police wheel and see if it will drop in

Aspen500

Reaction score
SC center caps and Rallye caps are similar but different as far as appearance goes. Fairly sure either would fit in a Police wheel, and bolt on, although using onky 3 bolts (unless you drill the other two). Am I positive they'll fit? No.

The regular 15X7 trim rings would fit.

80mirada

Reaction score
I have "police" 15x8 wheels on the back of my Mirada with center caps. They will take trim rings as well. The poverty cap nubs are not as noticeable as I thought they would be.

Lighthorseman

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers, guys! I figured this was the place to ask.

And 80Mirada - that's pretty much the exact look I'm shooting for. Looks great.

New Shoes Baby.jpg

Back