Supply chain

Camtron

Reaction score
Just had a order with Hughes Engines get put on hold/back order for a 5.9 magnum, I’ve been waiting on freshening up.
They’re out of stock on a number of parts and their suppliers aren’t giving any word on when parts will be available or ship.
Maybe a good time to load up on what parts are available on the market, if you can afford to anyway.
There’s a number of parts that haven’t been available in over a year with no sign of a return to market any time soon.

The conspiracy theorist in me says, this is how “THEY” finally get old cars off the road for good; but that’s probably just a crazy thought in my head.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Good post but maybe 1.5 - 2 years behind the curve. But better late then never. Ive bought more in the last 2 years then in the last 10 and have enough to do what I plan to the grave. Even the old boxes of good lifters and old brand name parts are drying up. So ive maybe 6x of everything. I bought a bunch of intakes nib at $200 and under, now they are all $400.

Some ebayfools got a new airgap listed for 700 because you cant get the brand name now.

Dont forget SRT parts either, I started a parts room just for the parts I feel I might need.

Some of the parts I bought 2 years ago are 40% higher. Its whacked.

The social media (FB) users need to get wise as our cars are evil and we know what the social media giants do these days with even posting one wrong keyword.

You should list a want ad here and maybe other mopar sites, people are helping people, I needed a set of bearings I could not find for months and someone stepped up and even a fair price vs todays madness. Seller could of got 2x on ebay.

Kramer79

Reaction score
Yeah not that I’ll get much pity - but even any of the slant 6 intakes are crazy on eBay! Used cars and new cars also a mess
To find at any reasonable price…

Camtron

Reaction score
Posted a wanted ad. It would be nice if someone had extras, but I’d also understand if no one wants to part with their extras now. It’s a weird time.
My health and having a kid slowed me down for awhile and now that I’m up and going again, can’t get parts for anything.

Oh well. Just buy the kid some more clothes and toys.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a pair of chain tensioners ready for both of my 318's. One from Mancini and other from eBay - both bought in last year (or so).
I have been gathering parts to do minor overhaul's for both of my engines - for freeze plugs are leaking and every seal/gasket is leaking ... etc.

If you can't get one, I could go out into my deep freeze (aka the garage), but I would need to get one to replace it.
Personally, I wouldn't put together an A or LA (or Magnum) engine without a tensioner installed.
BudW

Camtron

Reaction score
Just got home from work and did some searching on, Amazon. Tensioner should arrive later this afternoon and intake gaskets should arrive this Thursday.
Going to keep the parts order in with Hughes Engines as well. They’re a ways west from me, but local to my state. Try to help them with whatever little business I can.

Camtron

Reaction score
If you can't get one, I could go out into my deep freeze (aka the garage), but I would need to get one to replace it.
Personally, I wouldn't put together an A or LA (or Magnum) engine without a tensioner installed.
BudW
Appreciate it very much, Bud. Hopefully I got everything covered.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
All the backorder part's are sitting of the California coast in a container ship that can't get unloaded.... there trying to get into the port in LA.. The last I heard there was over 200 parked off the coast...

Aspen500

Reaction score
Dangers of relying other countries for products.

Last I saw, the poly bushings I want to get MIGHT be available mid April, at the soonest. :mad:

Camtron

Reaction score
I work in contract manufacturing for household consumable products. We’ve been seeing the effects of this lately. Raw materials for synthesizing product batches becoming unavailable, bottling and packaging components unavailable and delayed in shipping. The last three weeks particularly, it’s been real visible. Entire production lines holding, dozens of production staff getting sent home daily.
It’s an interesting time to say the least
...lucky they keep me and the rest of the maintenance department busy with repair work; oh wait, most of our equipment is made overseas and we can’t get parts for anything either.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
There are many ports in California I'm not sure what the problem is, I've heard there's not enough trucks to hall the backed products away, witch I find hard to believe. It seems the simplest solution would be to spread the ships out over all the ports in state.

Camtron

Reaction score
One of the main issue is the ports don’t operate 24/7. It’s a split shift like 8am-5pm and 6pm-3am. Then you have the utter lack of organization. A container off loaded from a ship that’s scheduled to be loaded onto the first truck waiting, will be buried into the bottom of a stack of containers in the middle of a staging yard surrounded by dozens of other stacks of containers; so everything has to get moved and shuffled to get that, one container. And there goes half a shift; and that happens for basically every container.

Camtron

Reaction score
SOB.
Amazon goes 1 for 1. Got my chain tensioner to me same day, damaged the intake gasket set in transit.

Let’s see what RockAuto can do.

9C919CD3-C581-4F1A-91D5-E2A3D598515B.png

Kramer79

Reaction score
One of the main issue is the ports don’t operate 24/7. It’s a split shift like 8am-5pm and 6pm-3am. Then you have the utter lack of organization. A container off loaded from a ship that’s scheduled to be loaded onto the first truck waiting, will be buried into the bottom of a stack of containers in the middle of a staging yard surrounded by dozens of other stacks of containers; so everything has to get moved and shuffled to get that, one container. And there goes half a shift; and that happens for basically every container.
I heard rumors about emissions on the trucks, but that story has been retracted or not proven true. Sad part today is that it is tough getting honest news anywhere…I have tried to avoid news recently - I recommend it!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Had posted some things about "news" along with other stuff and then later remembered this is a car forum and I may have wandered over the line so, deleted before I regretted it, or pi**ed someone off! :cool:

Last edited:
Back