WANTED T-Top Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
An interesting thought. Could drive one way without top(s) and drive back with tops and one wouldn't have anything to declare at the border.
Wait, did I say that out loud?
Never mind . . .

MoparJames

Reaction score
yup give me a heads up In case anything changes.
Will do! Thank you so much. Absolute life saver :D

An interesting thought. Could drive one way without top(s) and drive back with tops and one wouldn't have anything to declare at the border.
Wait, did I say that out loud?
Never mind . . .
I've never crossed the border. Do I have to document anything I purchase in Canada? I'll have to look into this.

If you still have the latch side, what about making a set out of Lucite/PlexyGlass?
As a temp repair.
I do still have the latch side, however it's bent from landing on the corner. For a temporary repair, I will try to glue a plexiglass panel onto the latch to see if it'll hold up until I make it to Detroit area. The latch mechanism is also completely broken, though.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
You need a passport and whatever else is required now from corona virus. Yes you need to declare anything you are coming back with and it wouldn't hurt to have a written receipt from the seller. Usually if total of purchases is around $100 or less they'll wave you thru without charging anything.

MoparJames

Reaction score
You need a passport and whatever else is required now from corona virus. Yes you need to declare anything you are coming back with and it wouldn't hurt to have a written receipt from the seller. Usually if total of purchases is around $100 or less they'll wave you thru without charging anything.
Great, good to know. I have the new "Enhanced" License, so I can cross into Canada and Mexico without a passport luckily. Do you/anyone happen to know how long the process takes of crossing into Canada and back again?
Thanks

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Before the pandemic it depended on the line up. Once you're at the booth it's usually a minute or less. If the border agent decides you should pay tax and duty on something you have to go inside and they figure out what to charge you. If its a busy crossing there might be a line up inside. Occasionally they do random vehicle searches so I usually clean my truck out quickly ahead of time. Makes their job easier and I don't want them to get picky over something that looks new if they think I didn't declare it.

MoparJames

Reaction score
Before the pandemic it depended on the line up. Once you're at the booth it's usually a minute or less. If the border agent decides you should pay tax and duty on something you have to go inside and they figure out what to charge you. If its a busy crossing there might be a line up inside. Occasionally they do random vehicle searches so I usually clean my truck out quickly ahead of time. Makes their job easier and I don't want them to get picky over something that looks new if they think I didn't declare it.
Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely clean out the car.
If you still have the latch side, what about making a set out of Lucite/PlexyGlass?
As a temp repair.
I did exactly this! I cut out a plexi panel of the same shape and silicone glued it to the inside lip of the old latch. It's holding up alright so far.

yup give me a heads up In case anything changes.
I just shot you a PM with my contact info. Looking forward to meeting up!

We are in Wyoming now, entering Nebraska soon. The aspen has been running great! If anyone sees me on the road, feel free to honk and wave! I'm driving with a orange 78 Scout - we certainly stick out.

1629851404133.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back