tagged and legal for 14 days

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
. Hub caps?? Half moon? Thought they were dog dishes all though i never liked that name

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I member taking my dart sport to a show and as a I pulling in I heard someone say ''look at that nova''

slant6billy

Reaction score
Dog dishes are the Plymouth Division or cop car with the 3/8 holes factory. I had a dodge version with the red circle too. The half moons or baby moons are these in the picture. There are full moons too. An example would be Stallone/ cobra and the 50 Merc lead sled in the movie he trashes as he get smacked around by the Aspen. The half moons of mine are china made so they pitted up a little. I just put the slotted ovals on this evening. My co-worker/ co-conspirator running the toys for Tots carshow with me picked the Slots over the moons. I mentioned her before on another thread. Lets just say, I am matching my Volare up against her 5 speed GT Stang for a little payback. Yes that's right, I got beat in the SS/T by the bombshell in the stang. Only time in my life I was glad to lose. So when Mustang Sally says, "put the slots on"- bet your ass the car goes in the air for the other wheels. I just made a nascar pit crew look slow. so much for that- I need a cold shower.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I'm bringing my kid's tablet. It shoots great picks and video. I'm allowing one tire shred. Since my coworker let me drive her stang - something she reserved for her father prior. I was honored. So in a fair turn, she will be handed the keys of Eve. It should be quite interesting.

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Love the car man! Haven't been posting my thoughts til now tho.
Idea; blacked out slots w 1/2" body color stripe around outside edge, and raw aluminum inside the slots to mate with the accent of grille bars.
Bad, wicked, everything Everybody else has said! Love it! Just trying to think on a new twist for the final touch.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll be taking all sorts of pictures and my kid is going to photo shop it with stripes, flames , smoke, lightning bolts, 2 tones. Eve will get a makeover in a few years. I'm thinking supercoupe layout, but with different colors in the supercoupe pattern. Or I'l get a hold of a basket case supercoupe and put my colors on. That is after of course I hit the megamillions lottery tonight.

slant6billy

Reaction score
She is in a very delicate state. Her lawyer boyfriend just dumped her Sunday night. Makes me hate lawyers even more. So gents, she is single, employed, knows the original "Bluesbrothers" movie front to back and makes a killer meal. Still want to see pictures now, don't youz?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
She is in a very delicate state. Her lawyer boyfriend just dumped her Sunday night. Makes me hate lawyers even more. So gents, she is single, employed, knows the original "Bluesbrothers" movie front to back and makes a killer meal. Still want to see pictures now, don't youz?

Damn straight I do.
Any gal who knows the blues brothers movie front to back has got to be a keeper.
Obviously the lawyer is a dickhead.

Tell her we're rooting for her Billy.
And tell her not to fret about losing the jerk.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I've got a few friends that are in her age bracket and hopefully one pans out for her. Good part is they all know I'm crazy and will smash their knee caps if they mess up with her.

Mcfly68

Reaction score
What did you do to prep the bumpers and front chrome for body paint so it sticks ( ie...sandblast, chemical treatment etc)?

slant6billy

Reaction score
The bumpers were very pitted, but straight. I did remove the bumperettes to get it a more smoothed over look. I started with scuffing the bumpers with 220 grit coarse. Then up it to 400. Duplicolor makes a paint for chrome and rims. It is a kit with a primer. Pretty thick stuff and it goes on with a lot of pressure and some thinner. The thinner was Zyol, which may be overkill, but I only added it to help flow. So not much. Once the primer was on, the bumpers receive paint just like the panels. Now, I plan on a redo in a few years, so if I begin to see issues, I'll try a different means next time. There is a chemical that will remove the chrome, but it is messy and toxic

slant6billy

Reaction score
pretty good, but I'll give anything a shot and wait 3 years for after effect results. I have a chrome set of bumpers in case of these turning crappy

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
I would think its like putting paint over oil and it wouldn't bond ,or not last ,but im glad to see its possible ,thats cool

Back