Texting! DOH!

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Well it had to happen. Twenty year old ding bat, trashed the entire pass. side of my brothers 69 charger while texting during a u-turn in the middle of an intersection. It's hard to even imagine how she did it. Yeah, what could possibly go wrong here. All the onlookers were almost in mourning over it. Two cops showed up, and one asked "what kind of car is this?" The other one yelled at him.." How could you not know what kind of car this is?!" One funny moment for the day. I'll post pics. later.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Oh man.....I almost don't want to see it.
I can only hope he gets large money out of the idiot for the repairs.
And you just know the d bags insurance will now be crippling....
My sincere condolences.... :crybaby2:

slant6billy

Reaction score
This is terrible. Other than pride, no injury I hope.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
He's a little bruised up, but ok. He's gonna see the doctor tomorrow. The car....not so much. It still had all its original sheet metal. But, it shall rise again.

brotherGood

Reaction score
It's hard to even imagine how she did it.

Not to sound ignorant..but its not hard to imagine how SHE did it. Girls my age and younger (I'll be 24 Saturday) for the most part couldn't be payed to pay much attention to nearly anything other than the phone. The sad thing is, here in OH, its now illegal to text and drive..yet people still do it anyway.

Sorry to hear about your brother, and the car. At least he's ok. As far as the car goes...yeah, it sucks. Luckily though, its a B body..and AMD has everything you'll need.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It's an all out plague up here.
Between texting and starting at a GPS or the pretty display on your new SUV I'm amazed a lot of these dummies have any time to actually look at the road.

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
phones with a GPS should be able to give electric shock as a deturant when texting over 20 MPH...we have the technology people....

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
phones with a GPS should be able to give electric shock as a deturant when texting over 20 MPH...we have the technology people....

I like that idea!!
I'd say texting as soon as you start to move should administer a testicular jolt directly from the car battery.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Not to sound ignorant..but its not hard to imagine how SHE did it. Girls my age and younger (I'll be 24 Saturday) for the most part couldn't be payed to pay much attention to nearly anything other than the phone. The sad thing is, here in OH, its now illegal to text and drive..yet people still do it anyway.

Sorry to hear about your brother, and the car. At least he's ok. As far as the car goes...yeah, it sucks. Luckily though, its a B body..and AMD has everything you'll need.

My wife's 26, and she has that same problem, she's extra clueless about cars. Her engine could explode and go flying through the hood, and she would think it's supposed to do that..

slant6billy

Reaction score
Folks. It's not just women. Not to jack the thread, but on March 4th 2013, a 19 year old punk was driving and texting while stoned- thus killed a very good friend of mine. I posted it once before, but here it is:http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-ne...sh-that-claimed-life-of-limerick-jogger-video

I wish I was closer to help wrench that charger back to health. As it gets evaluated, the pics should be shown to high schoolers. Maybe just maybe it will change one mind and make them think before they text while driving. I am all for a set up that disables the phone when the engine running and trans is in gear

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
Folks. It's not just women. Not to jack the thread, but on March 4th 2013, a 19 year old punk was driving and texting while stoned- thus killed a very good friend of mine. I posted it once before, but here it is:http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-ne...sh-that-claimed-life-of-limerick-jogger-video

I wish I was closer to help wrench that charger back to health. As it gets evaluated, the pics should be shown to high schoolers. Maybe just maybe it will change one mind and make them think before they text while driving. I am all for a set up that disables the phone when the engine running and trans is in gear

Sorry about the loss of your friend. you are right there needs to be some thing done to make texting while driving impossible.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

Billy.....first off, my condolences....so sorry for the loss of your friend.

I've heard more than a few people say that they have no problem texting and driving.....that they're fully in control of their car.
My response is always the same.....which is.....

Fine....I want you to slice this stack of 1x8"'s into 1" strips on this table saw.....while you're texting.....let me know how it goes.

Last edited:

brotherGood

Reaction score
Most people anymore think they're invincible in cars nowadays. So, even if they're texting and driving, if they hit someone it'll be ok. The airbag will go off and they'll be fine..and that's if they think "that" far ahead. When I was first learning how to drive, I paid attention when dad taught me. Something I didn't need to be taught, was that a car can very easily become a weapon. So, I respect that. My brother on the other hand..he's had more cars than I've had alcohol..lol. And that's because he doesn't care.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Sucky part is every time I hear these stories I think of how stupid acts cause bad effects. When my friend was killed, I went through some real crappy thoughts. A dark period. I hate seeing a trash mopar due to ignorance. Some fool will say," It was an old car anyway" . Yes, but somebody took the time to tune it right and treat it right. Got to pick up the kids from school...I'll drive the van in case someone is texting. It usually wins in bumpercars.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I once had woman ram right into me why she was texting. She ran a stop sign. Needless to say she had two children in her car and neither one had a car seat or belts on. No kind of restraints. She was one of those no insurance cases I ended up having to sue her to get her to pay. Was a complete mess in the end. I cant recall what I was driving has been many years ago but I do remember it was a classic and in the end of course I loss more then gained or what I had in it money wise. In most cases you always do. I told the judge sure I was pissed because she hit me texting but the thing that pissed me off the most was she had no respect for her own kids safety. I mean how stupid can one be.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I can sum this up pretty easily.
I just drove home in rush hour traffic like I do every day
Why are there so many accidents?
Because the roads are overpopulated by retards.
I'm not making a funny with a slang....I'm dead serious
We're talking braindead, kicked in the head hard by a horse, self important, clueless, distracted by their own reflection, gps staring inbred retards....and THAT'S being polite.
There has GOT to be a LOT of under the dash payoffs going on for these people to obtain a license....there is a worldwide plague of utter stupidity going on....and I have to drive with them every goddamn day....

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
I can sum this up pretty easily.
I just drove home in rush hour traffic like I do every day
Why are there so many accidents?
Because the roads are overpopulated by retards.
I'm not making a funny with a slang....I'm dead serious
We're talking braindead, kicked in the head hard by a horse, self important, clueless, distracted by their own reflection, gps staring inbred retards....and THAT'S being polite.
There has GOT to be a LOT of under the dash payoffs going on for these people to obtain a license....there is a worldwide plague of utter stupidity going on....and I have to drive with them every goddamn day....
+1:icon_thumright:...like we say in Maine they're numb aka retarded

Back