The End Of The Pentastar

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well....it's been all over the forums so I thought I'd throw the sad news up here.. Fiat in their infinite stupidity has decided to kill off the last remaining remnants of the old Chrysler we know and love and do away with the beloved Pentastar and replace it with the acronym FCA which I interpret as Fettuccine Cannoli ASSociation......

What a bunch of idiots.

Read it and weep....

http://bestride.com/blog/chryslers-...tage-that-ends-today/9238/#ixzz3GlElkrot&ssbf

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Indeed....
Why do these eggheads seem so intent on killing such a great historical symbol.
Even the Daimler Benz Gestapo didn't do that.

alf44

Reaction score
so,, all of our old stuff with the pentastar will be worth a mint ? better keep everything we own with that logo and never sell. then in a 100 yrs it might be worth a cpl bucks,lol

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
Just got word they are changing it to this...

images (1).jpg

images (1).jpg

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
What's he going to do next? He closed the Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills. He's cancelling the Dodge Caravan, this spring.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My guess is this is the beginning of the real Chrysler Fiat merge where all the brands get thinned out and strewn together.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
i think its planned to be the real end to chrysler altogether

You could be right.
Or at least a severe claw back.
I mean what do we have now? The 300 and the 200.
Instead of the Chrysler Corporation I think you're going to see Chrysler stay as a small branch specialty car and I don't see it getting any larger than that.
They may even kill it off and have it as a special order car...if that.

Dodge I figure will maintain the Charger and Challenger and that will be that.
The Dart is basically a Fiat with a Dodge badge and once they kill off the Caravan I suspect the new mini van will be some kind of mutated Fiat/Dodge-esque hybrid.

The end of a glorious era?
Very possibly.....very sad.

Realistically though.... my Chrysler ended around 1988.
And all I know is my cars all proudly wear one of these.

2014-10-26 11.54.34-1.jpg

2014-10-26 11.54.34-1.jpg

alf44

Reaction score
yup, my newest mopar is my 94 dakota, newest anything ive ever owned

greyghost

Reaction score
Back in 1972 I joined the army for 3 years so I could pick where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do with a guarantee. I chose the 5th Corps because their shoulder patch was a pentastar identical to the Chrysler symbol. What can I say? I was 17.

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
In August I was in Sweden. Parked on the street was a new Dodge Journey. I pointed it out to my son, as we walked towards it. As I said that it was a Dodge, someone nearby heard me, and said that I was wrong. It was a Fiat, made in Italy. It turned out that he was the owner. The grill said Fiat, neither Dodge, nor Journey was anywhere. The owner would not believe me. I then explained that the first digit of a car's serial number indicated country of origin. 1, USA; 2 , Canada; and 3, Mexico. We checked the serial number, it was a "3". The "new Chrysler"

kkritsilas

Reaction score
From what I have read, Dodge is the performance car division. The Caravan didn't fit that definition. The Mopar minivan will be the Chrysler Town & Country; it will move down in price range, as well as maintaining its higher priced offerings. Dodge keeps the Journey. The 200 will move to a modified Dart platform. The Viper will be brought back to Dodge. Rumors of a lower end two seat sports car for Dodge, perhaps based on the Copperhead concept of a few years back.

Kostas

tim berry

Reaction score
Looks like mom is gonna get a Ford . We need to replace her 04 Sebring and fiat is not making any thing she wants except for a jeep wrangler I guess we will see

ramenth

Reaction score
The Pentastar? James Dobson's getting his wish 40 years later.

When was the last time a Chrysler product wore a Pentastar? 20 years ago? Fifteen?

Plymouth moved to the ship emblem, an updated version of the original.

Dodge was using the Ram's head logo until Ram was spun off.

Chrysler went back to the ribbon ages ago.

The Pentastar was relegated to the parts division.

Back