The FMJ Music Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
Here ya go. Sometimes what with all the shootings at theaters, military bases and colleges lately along with the stupid PC crap these days, Barrack Obama running our country into the ground, rapes, assaults, murders, stabbings, drug dealers and drug addicts, losers living off the system because they're to lazy to work, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc..................................on and on and on, the lyrics to this song seem somehow,,,,fitting.
https://youtu.be/L-vl1ADf8vQ

brotherGood

Reaction score
Super jealous. Saw them in 08, thought that was gonna be the same for this time around. From the YouTube videos I'm seeing..there's SO much more energy than in past years. Eddie is playing like a mad man. Still bummed about missing Drop Dead Legs and Light Up the Sky live

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
i love that the whole album is a story of a man in the future finding a guitar from the forgotten past learning to play it and taking it before the council to be told to shut it down(it dosent fit the plan ) ,,then the aliens (assume control ,,assume control ,,,assume control ..all planets of the solar federation are screwed because of there fascist ways ,,i just love the story its great ,,reminds me of a book called anthem ,,a great read and along the same lines ,,i think rush just may have gotten there 2112 idea from that book

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Neil Peart (the drummer, and writer of many of the lyrics for Rush, and considered by some to be the greatest drummer of all time), is heavily into fantasy/science fiction by his own admission in many interviews. He draws a lot of inspiration from the freer thinking of science fiction writers. Xygnus X1, Xanadu, and quite a few of the earlier Rush tunes have fantasy/SF influences.

By the way, Anthem is name of the record label that Rush albums are sold on in Canada. It is owned by Rush. I think that Superpack Ninja hit that nail on the head with the reference to the book of the same name.

Kostas

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've had that one since 1976 on vinyl, then 8-track, then cassette and finally CD. One of those where it's like the old days. You turn the lights off, turn on the lava light (or whatever "mood" lighting you prefer) and sit on the couch listening to an album. The entire album start to finish, not just certain songs. Note I didn't say "listen to a CD" I said "listen to an album".

Side story. A couple months ago Linda (my "wife") and I went over to a buddy I work with house. Their house had a basement bar, or lounge, built in the '70's and they left it intact. He's put together a vintage Marantz system with only modern speakers (sounds AWESOME). The four of us sat down there with the '70's dim red accent lighting and literally listened to an album (Rush 2112),,,,,,,,,,on vinyl, start to finish. CD's sound good but analog somehow just sounds better, especially with something like 2112. Felt like I was 15 years old again and it really was the '70's. You know, just you and a buddy and our girlfriends in one of our parents basement....................

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My main stereo is a 1977 Marantz 2285b (Google it) and a 1976 Toshiba SR 355 turntable. New speakers yes..... Can't touch the sound.

Back