The FMJ Weather Channel

dm330

Reaction score
8 degrees in beautiful Salem, Ohio, but this snow should mostly be gone by the end of the week. I'm ready for winter to be over with lol, and even though it's been in the shop for almost a year, I'm glad I didn't get a call after our foot and a half snow storm telling me the work on the 5th Avenue had been completed and to come pick up the car. If what I saw on WFMJ last week is correct, February should be more like what it was in December and I'd be happy with that.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We get a high of about 32 tomorrow, 11 Tuesday, and 8 on Wednesday. Much sadness ensues......................

Duke5A

Reaction score
This is where I'm at. God this weather is nice.

20220131_185139.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
38 with 4" of heavy, wet overnight snow yesterday, and even a little bit of rain in the morning, but by 5pm it was only 12 degrees. Today's forecast high? All the way up to 8 with -15 to -25 wind chill. My oh my what difference a few hours makes. :(

dm330

Reaction score
26 now, but looking forward to next week. 56 on Wednesday with rain the next day, a few days of cold temps, but sunny and climbing back up to 40s and low 50s again to melt the remainder of all this snow and ice. Oh if only it was winter while at work and summer the rest of the time, but it's not a perfect world.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Got up to 8 today. :mad: How long until spring? I mean spring like weather, not spring on the calendar. Still at least 2 months to go yet most likely, unfortunately. :(

Kramer79

Reaction score
Actually had 58 degrees today! The wagon took a quick trip, topped off the oil…ran good! Tiny lifter tick but hopefully nothing…need to top off the trans fluid, is Valvoline synthetic dextron vI ok?

dm330

Reaction score
I would use ATF+4, which is an improved version of the Mopar ATF 7176 version, although my 88 Fifth Ave owners manual says Dexron 2 ATF should only be used if the recommended fluid is unavailable.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Yesterday it was hovering around freezing and feeling like spring. Today its -13 at the moment.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Actually had 58 degrees today! The wagon took a quick trip, topped off the oil…ran good! Tiny lifter tick but hopefully nothing…need to top off the trans fluid, is Valvoline synthetic dextron vI ok?
ATF+4 is basically a synthetic fluid and can be used in all Mopar transmissions (3 and 4-speed RWD auto anyway) back to '60 Valiant and '62 for other models. In most cases it says on the bottle what fluid it can be mixed with or used in place of.

Ele115

Reaction score
It's weird here. Usually we only get about ten days of cool weather in January then back to the 80's. Lately it's been cold then hot then cold then hot. Edveryone thinks they will die of "Covid" if they go outside. It's the millions of tourists and the constant huge temperature changes giving people colds.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's weird here. Usually we only get about ten days of cool weather in January then back to the 80's. Lately it's been cold then hot then cold then hot. Edveryone thinks they will die of "Covid" if they go outside. It's the millions of tourists and the constant huge temperature changes giving people colds.
LOL! That's what we've been getting a lot of the winter. Warm, cold, warm, cold day to day. Could be sunny and 38 one day, then plummet to -20 at night and only hit single digits above zero the next day but then warm up overnight and be 30's the day after that. No way to get acclimated and it does wear people down.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Just need to vent and grumble a bit. Saturday was 74, today 27 with a 15 degree windchill this afternoon. Dropping to mid teens tonight. This morning the ground and roofs were white with a coating of snow. This is April 25th, not January 26th right? Or did we fall into a time space portal.
How about that global warming.

dm330

Reaction score
I know what you mean lol, I'm just grateful we had the warm weather on our days off. Felt like a sweatshop yesterday.

Justwondering

Reaction score
It finally happened!!!
Day was not 100+ AND we had 1 inch of rain.... rain..... beautiful rain! First rain of any decent amount since late March...
JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Finally happened here also. Two whole entire days in a row with NO rain. I was beginning to forget what the sun looks like.

Back