The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
We got hit this morning. As I left for work just before 7am it was dark as night (and I am NOT exaggerating) and then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BANG. The wind came out of nowhere upwards of 65 mph and I ended up thinking I was in England before I knew what happened (fortunately no oncoming traffic, lol), rained like I hadn't seen it rain in a long time, lightening, thunder, like the end of the world was upon us. The route I take to work usually, to avoid the interstate, was an obstacle course. Branches, limbs, assorted debris and so on. Then about 100 yards in front of me I see a huge tree tipping over right across the road. Brakes don't fail me now! Stopped just in time and barely could get around it on the left shoulder. Get into Mosinee and notice, it's awfully dark. No electricity on the west side of the river and same deal, trees and branches down all over the place, signs flattened....................It was a hell of a thing.:eek:
On the plus side, it "only" got up to 89 because the sun was out for maybe an hour total all day but the humidity never went below 90% so it wasn't all on the plus side.

Justwondering

Reaction score
same here, Buddie
truck temp said 101 in the shade when I took a trip into town. I never looked at it again til I got back...a/c struggled all day.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
We're about to enjoy (not) a Texas weekend right here in ol Hogtown. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be all out brutal for heat. We'll be kissing 100° which for a Canuck is pretty up there.

Not looking forward to how much of an oven my shop is going to be today. :eek:

Justwondering

Reaction score
Sorry for the heat up there... must be super miserable when you should be getting something cooler.
I have to go help someone move this morning --- dreading it big time.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
A good stiff breeze does keep your shirt a bit dryer, but has the feeling of down wind of a blast oven (whatever that is) with the breeze.
Add in a sand storm and then you really know what being miserable is.

Working mornings (dawn and pre-dawn) is the only way to do it, and even then it is over 80' before sun is up.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
They're calling for the temps to still be in the lower 90's at 10 pm. to-night .. The back deck is so hot the dog leads me to the front door when she wants out .. she may be old but not so dumb ... lol ...... don't forget your animals and pets in this heat !!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
A good stiff breeze does keep your shirt a bit dryer, but has the feeling of down wind of a blast oven (whatever that is) with the breeze.
Add in a sand storm and then you really know what being miserable is.

Working mornings (dawn and pre-dawn) is the only way to do it, and even then it is over 80' before sun is up.

They're calling for the temps to still be in the lower 90's at 10 pm. to-night .. The back deck is so hot the dog leads me to the front door when she wants out .. she may be old but not so dumb ... lol ...... don't forget your animals and pets in this heat !!

Aaaannnnnnd this is why I don't miss being a roofer.....

Aspen500

Reaction score
Nothing but sunshine today, max breeze of about 1 mph and at 5:30 it's 96 degrees. Good part is, the humidity has dropped a crap load. At noon it was 71% but now it's down to 34% and feels MUCH better.
I had the big fan on my toolbox on speed number 3 all day and it wasn't so bad that way. They're rebuilding the road behind the shop and those poor guys working out there today. Don't know how they can do it.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Here's an example of icky weather.
It's heavy overcast, 79 degrees, 99% humidity and wind speed of zero. There was some very light rain about 4 hours ago and everything is still soaked outside. Took a shower around 8:30am and my hair is still damp (10:30 now).
Thinking the shower was kind of a waste of time, lol.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Here's an example of icky weather.
It's heavy overcast, 79 degrees, 99% humidity and wind speed of zero. There was some very light rain about 4 hours ago and everything is still soaked outside. Took a shower around 8:30am and my hair is still damp (10:30 now).
Thinking the shower was kind of a waste of time, lol.

Noticed that here when I came home from "up north" Sunday, you know it's humid when it's 90 degree's it rained in the morning, and the sun has been beating down all day, but the driveway is still damp under the cars...

Aspen500

Reaction score
After roughly 3 days of not so bad, got mass rain this morning (like a "gulley washer"), never really stopped all day. there was always that no-see-um rain. The kind you feel but can't see. Then the t-storms rolled in this afternoon and here we go again. It's half hour before sunset (7:30) but so dark out you need lights to see and,,,,,,,still raining. Never got any wind though. Just rain, lightning and thunder.

Another one of those days you don't feel like doing a darn thing. Depressing.

What's really depressing is when the sky is clear, the sun disappears at 8:00 already. The summer is going WAY too fast.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
We FINALLY got rain. Like flood the streets rain. We need it big time. We could use a lot more but I'll take what we get.

Now it's almost instantly about 74°
Thank you!!!!

Justwondering

Reaction score
102 today
Rained about 30 miles east of us
rained about 45 miles west of us
rained 8 miles north of us
rained 17 miles south of us.

Was 75 all around us.

We were 98 to 102 all ... freakin ... day ... long.

Now that it is 40 minutes til dark it finally is getting cooler outside. I have just enough time to go up and audition my posts for the gate opener controls. Dang it. No welding til tomorrow..

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's STILL raining here. Far as I know it hasn't stopped once since yesterday morning. Worse part is, a couple days ago it was too hot out to wear anything and today you need a coat. At 11am it was a blistering 58 degrees.:(

Justwondering

Reaction score
Holey Moley ! 58 sounds devine.
It is now 95 F with a heat index of 105 F
No air movement whatsoever. Humidity is 61% - sticky .

Aspen500

Reaction score
58 isn't devine, especially when it's a damp and raw 58. Even worse is, it has to happen during my week of vacation.:mad:
STILL raining. COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At noon on TV they said almost 4" so far since yesterday morning.
Good news is it's warmed up this afternoon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all the way to an unbearable 60. :confused:

Justwondering

Reaction score
'Poor Baby'... I didn't realize it was vacation week and you got 4 inches of rain.
That does suck.
Load everybody on the magic carpet and come on down... it will definitely be more dry and more hot than where you are spending your time right now.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Linda and I are on our way:p

Shows the difference between little kids and adults.
The lady next door has her grandkids there today. I'd guess 4-5 years old or so. They're outside playing in the kiddie pool like it's a 100 degree sunny day, and having a blast from the sounds of it.:)

Back